+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The OK button

The OK button

Although I love my 7135, I am continually frustrated by the inability to be able to dial a contact by clicking on the OK button after selecting a contact using the CONTACT and UP/DOWN buttons. I know I can do this in the phone application, but if the contact I want to call is not in history, I have to go into the addressbook.

I use Agendus mostly, but I also have Contacts 5 installed. Neither of these applications will respond to a click of the OK button after selecting a contact. I end up having to use my stylus or finger depending on the situation.

I've tried installing 1Button Extender to do this for me, but I ended up removing it for reasons I don't remember at the moment.

Does anyone have a simple solution to this?

THANKS!

If you have the number selected in the Address Book (the one that comes with it, I don't know about the 3rd party apps), just push the "Talk" button (the green phone button) and it will be automatically dialed.

See if this is helpful

Address Book App
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy

but damn, I hate to have to resort back to the default addressbook after becomming so accustomed to the more advanced features that Agendus and Contacts 5 offers.

To be honest, I actually deleted the default addressbook, so I can't even try your suggestion. I'll try to find an older backup and install it into RAM, but I really hate to have to resort to doing that.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3

Isn't the default address book a ROM application ??
    Wouldn't you need jack flash and jack sprat in order to mess with it ?

I was using Adress Album for a littel while. I thought it was a nice idea to be able to put pictures into the adress entries, but I couldn't do the one hand dialing with that app.
    So I just use the default address book.

Originally posted by Schavlan
    ...Wouldn't you need jack flash and jack sprat in order to mess with it ?
    That's right.
    In my opinion, Jackflash is essentual. If I'm gonna delete the space hogging 1Meg+ mp3 demo, I might as well delete other things as well. I guess deleting the addressbook was not a great idea. I hate to resort back to it though.

I run almost all my applications from the SD card.
    Even though I have 40 megs of applications, I have over 10 megs of free RAM.
    One thing,I wish the SD card loaded faster .

Does anyone have a copy of the addressbook application they could private post for me? I hate to have to totally restore my flash just to get the addressbook back.

I dont' know if this matters, but I'm running SZ 1.0.29.

I'm still not giving up on Agendus though.

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Be patient and I'll try to get it to you.

Sorry--I can't seem to get it to copy without having my card reader available.
    I'll try later tomorrow, but someone else maybe able toget it to you before then

Originally posted by blues
    but damn, I hate to have to resort back to the default addressbook after becomming so accustomed to the more advanced features that Agendus and Contacts 5 offers.
    Have you tried TAKEphONE? If not, why don't you download the trial and give it a spin before going back to the default address book app. I know that the post that Schavlan pointed you to discusses it. It's really a matter of preference, but I do find it much quicker to navigate once you get used to it.

I believe the trick of pushing the green call button works from ANY app, it dials whatever string is selected. Should work from your 3rd party address list?

I'll have to install TAKEphONE and give it a try.

Originally posted by DRC_P
    ... it dials whatever string is selected. Should work from your 3rd party address list?
    The green phone button doesnt dial what's selected on my phone from Agendus. Does it dial on yours?

The green phone button doesnt dial what's selected on my phone from Agendus. Does it dial on yours?
    I don't have Agendus, but if I select text in a memo (highlight it with the stylus) and hit the green phone button it will call the number.

I guess what my problem is, I am selecting a contact, but that contact has many fields within it. I have to select a phone number field within that contact, then it will work.

I'm playing with TAKEphONE now...
    It's a little getting used to, but it seems like it's addressing my problem.

I assume I don't need to install the hacks that come with it unless I want to use the sms feature. Is that right?

[BI assume I don't need to install the hacks that come with it unless I want to use the sms feature. Is that right? [/B]
    That is correct.

blues, where do you get the 1Button Extender program?
    I want to try install in my 7135 too.....

Actually I was talking about Hard Button Extender.
    Hard Button Extender

Thx blues, what about that program? I mean can you use itu to control cursor movement? because I find that the up/down keys in 7135 cannot be use to control the cursor movement, i.e. when writing email/SMS like I did in my treo 600