+ Reply to Thread

Touchscreen stops working..almost daily

For the last couple of weeks my touchscreen has been having problems. No matter what I do I cannot access any of the palm features with it. I can go into address book via the button, but cannot scroll or select with the screen. The only thing that fixes it is a soft reset. Any ideas before I cann VZ?

Have you tried a Hard Reset?

Obviously you would need to do a hotsync or a backup first. Then after the Hard Reset, do a restore.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3

Touch screen not working

Kinda sucks but it works, I sank mine in a toilet(I used tongs), anyway you have to remove the kyocera metal plate on the outside to take to plastic cover off(careful and you can re-glue it). There's to tiny plugs one near the top and one ribon plug near the middle, pop them out and use rubbing alchol. on 'em, test it out if still aproblem there's one connector on the main board, get to it by removing four screws @ rear of phone, again rubbing alchohol. It should take care of it. These phones aren't sealed to tight and dust, moisture ect. gets in there. You'll notice orangey tape covering connectors try to replace it if you can(loses tackieness). Good luck

A 7135 and D7A-G in a Civic Hybrid! KB2PMD's Avatar
    I had this problem for while, wihle I was running overclocking software (I was using FastCPU). once I uninstalled it, the problem went away!
    If you haven't already, please vote on a bluetooth voice AND data adapter for the 7135 (that plugs into the serial port, leaving your expansion card slot free!)

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Originally posted by KB2PMD
    I had this problem for while, wihle I was running overclocking software (I was using FastCPU). once I uninstalled it, the problem went away!
    FastCPU does not work reliably on the 7135. If you want to overclock, AfterBurner v3.20 is the program/hack you need. Works great on the 7135 (I know 'cause I use it).
    Michael

digitizer

I have used FastCPU for some time on my 7135 with no problems.

I would suggest that you install Digifix.prc. It will help you fix these kinds of problems.

This won't fix your problem but might help you get by:

Tap the backlight button to turn off the PDA and then tap it again to run it on. That seems to un-freeze the screen (at least mine).

I think it might be related to some overclocked application (using FastCPU to 43MHz on my phone). I didn't see this happening befor eoverclocking.

Angry Touchscreen/Graffitti area freezes

Recently run into problem: A few minutes after the phone is turned on, the graffitti area and touch screen cease to function. Can't for the life of me figure it out. Did soft and Hard resets. No luck. Finally took the battery out for a couple of hours, and that seemed to bring it back -- but only for an hour or so, then back to not functioning. I suspected moisture -- getting in and out of air conditioned car. Any ideas?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar

Re: Touchscreen/Graffitti area freezes

Originally posted by bskrtz
    Recently run into problem: A few minutes after the phone is turned on, the graffitti area and touch screen cease to function. Can't for the life of me figure it out. Did soft and Hard resets. No luck. Finally took the battery out for a couple of hours, and that seemed to bring it back -- but only for an hour or so, then back to not functioning. I suspected moisture -- getting in and out of air conditioned car. Any ideas?
    Could be moisture, I suppose. I would look into getting your 7135 replaced.
    Michael

Found a solution which fixes touchscreen: Called Verizon, got new phone. Problem solved.