+ Reply to Thread

Downloadig from web to PDA

is it possible to download pics,mp3 and files(with size allowing) from the PDA to the PDA i.e a jpg in my yahoo in-box needs to go to photo suite or the card. is that possible if so how do I do that ?
    BrooKlyn Zeus

i do this with pictures and snappermail all the time,but doing this with mp3s is tougher because evenn if you want to send it to the card you first need to have enough memory in the internal memory.most mp3s are 4 mbs at least and i just dont have that much space.besides it wuld take a long time.i find that low res pictures download in a reasonable(2 to 3)minutes time.larger files are not worht the wait.you need an email client that handles attatchments and if all you want to do is store the files then you dont need any other software.if you then want to view the files you will need jpeg watch and/or quickoffice.you also said something about downloading from the web to a pda.this i do not know anything about,i only use it to download attatchments to emails i recieve or to attatch files to an outgoing email.hope this helps!!
    B.Andrew "Andy" Brown,MSW
    Executive Director,Camp Livingston.Inc

I can view the file but i cant get it to store to my card
    BrooKlyn Zeus

with snappermail when i click the attatchment it asks if i want to open the file or save to memory card,if i choose to save to card,it opens the directory tree on the memory card and i can place the file in any folder i want

Thats what im lookin for !!!
    Thanxxx
    BrooKlyn Zeus

would anyone happen to know why i get a fata exception prompwhen i go to the web using EISWeb ?
    BrooKlyn Zeus

are you using snappermail? if so it should be no problem.if not then it is a worthwhile investment.best with attatchments that i have found!

is the cradle the only way to get apps to the 7135 ?
    BrooKlyn Zeus

its certainly the easiest.maybe you could place the app on a memory card with a card reader and then copy into main memory.i really have no idea as i always use the cradle or sync cord

Thanxx you have been a great help
    BrooKlyn Zeus

Fully Converged

Talking Almost all the computer I need.

Both xiino and snappermail allow you to install applications without hotsyncing. Isn't that what trully makes it a computer in its own right. From Snapper you can install attachments. From Xiino you can install downloads!
    7135 to 650

Originally posted by camplivingston
    its certainly the easiest.maybe you could place the app on a memory card with a card reader and then copy into main memory.i really have no idea as i always use the cradle or sync cord
    Yes you can install apps to the palm using this method. I do this all the time if I want to load just an app instead of having to wait through the entire hotsync process. I also do this for applications I'm currently evaluating. By keeping a copy of a given app on my SD card I can delete and reinstall them as needed in the field without having to hotsync as I try them out.
    mg

another problem

BKZeus writes:

> would anyone happen to know why i get a fata exception prompwhen i go to the web using EISWeb ?

I'm not sure whether you mean when trying to download files (like you mentioned in the thread), but I have an additional problem:

I got a new 7135 last week (old one had a warranty-covered problem), and this one has Graffiti 2 (which probably makes no difference to my problem, but anyway).

Any time I have tried to run EIS, I get a message immediately saying "You only have 11 bytes free memory (sometimes it says 12 bytes), exiting application"

There are about 900 KB space on the Palm. Any idea what's going on here? This is not a serious problem to me, because I don't use EIS much, but I still want it to work (beside, if I ever speed-dial or voice-activate a URL, EIS is the app that opens).

Thanks

BS