+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question when can I buy a 7135?

Does anyone know when the phones will be available again. I want one and the only carrier that has them in my area (verizon) has no information on if or when they will have them.

IF it isn't an option is there something else out there that is decent?

DrJ
    Alltell has them for sale online and in their retail stores (in our area, at least). I don't know if they would sell you just the phone without a plan, but if so, you can activate an Alltel phone with Verizon. And, you can always buy a 7135 on eBay. Most I've seen there are in fact Verizon phones.

Hello.
    I have one on order with Verizon. They should have them by the end of the month. Apparently they are not only waiting to make sure all will have a safe battery, but there's also a software change.

back
    I have Verizon 7135s for sale
    e.axel@comcast.net
    Palm M515>Kyocera 6035>Kyo 7135>Treo 650>Treo700W>Treo 700P>Palm Centro Verizon

one on order from Verizon?

"Hello.
    I have one on order with Verizon. They should have them by the end of the month. Apparently they are not only waiting to make sure all will have a safe battery, but there's also a software change."

Harvey,
    Welcome to the forum; Are you saying Verizon has indicated they're now taking orders for the 7135? You say they should have them by "the end of the month"; Since today's the 25th of the month do you mean within the next few days? This would certainly be welcome news!

Tom R

I called Verizon last month at 1-800-225-5499 and spoke to Mike at ext. 5623. I told him that I was aware that Verizon had a hold on these but I wanted to put one on order. He took the order. I called him yesterday and he should get back to me tomorrow with the latest news on my order. I currently have Cingular service and my contract expires on March 12. We'll see what happens.
    ~Harvey from Boston

I hate to say this. I work in the Corp. Sales for UPNY, and as far as we have been told. Their is not ship date. Trust me, I would love to say thhier was one. We have a lot on back order. The problem we are having now is with the software on other Kyocera phones. Mostly the sliders. I hope their also a software upgrade.....because I can get it first.......

I was contacted today by my verizon rep. He told me that verizon had released a small number of phones for immediate shipment. He took my order and told me it would be in my hand tomorrow. He said it has a new battery and UPDATED SOFTWARE. If it comes I will post the info!
    (got my fingers and toes crossed)

My phone arrived today just as promised!!!

Originally posted by j21cat
    Replacement or new purchase?

New purchase!

Please post the firmware version numbers (SZ and MZ version numbers).
    Dave

MZ1.0.4.4
    SZ 1.0.29
    PRL 50152

is this new or same as before?

That's the same software as the last version on the 7135's Verizon was selling before the battery recall. The PRL is the most recent. I just did *228 and was updated to that PRL.

I'm not yet a Verizon customer.
    What does *228 do?

Originally posted by Harvey
    I'm not yet a Verizon customer.
    What does *228 do?
    Option 1 programs your phone, option 2 updates the PRL (Preferred Roaming List). You want to do option 2 periodically, as they add new towers constantly.

MZ1.0.4.4
    SZ 1.0.29
    PRL 50152

is this new or same as before?
    It does not appear as though the "software" has been upgraded. The version numbers are the same as the most recent versions that were being shipped prior to the battery recall.
    Dave

I checked with the Data guys at work. The 7135 will back within the week, bad news is that their is no updated software. Kyocera is not updating the OS. They will still be using OS4.1 ( I think that is what it is). And they sau that KY is not going to update with 6 or even 5, So all you techys out their will have to try to figure it out and let us know.

Originally posted by partagas
    And they sau that KY is not going to update with 6 or even 5
    There's been many threads on this. It's due to processor limitations, not an unwillingness to update the OS.

Still, I just got mine yesterday from work. And I would like to see it updated. I do not think it is a good Bus. Plan to resell a phone that is out dated. Yes it's great and everything. But it's like running a pIII 400. Works but not up-to-date.