+ Reply to Thread

mailing labels / favor

I tried a search on this first... I use my palm every holiday season for a huge customer mailer.. I used to select, right click, send to word (on my palm III it was even easier but i cant remember now) and a macro would open up to mailing labels. Since I got the Kyocera 7135 this won't work. The macro seems to go half way and stop. I emailed Kyo, checked the macro settings in word, etc... no luck.

Would someone right click and address entry and send to word and let me know what you get? I am about to go back to Kyo and would like to know if this is common or what.

Also, and unrelated. Does anyone here know Cisco and how I might contact him? Private messages have not worked and I thought I would check here before any other routes.

Thank you, Mark Greene

Never Forget 9/11/01 kerryclair's Avatar
    Mark,
    How would you "right click" on the phone?
    I am not understanding. Would like to help but you say to open the address book and right click on an entry?
    <confused>.

Mark,

You can do this in Palm Desktop on the computer. I have never done it on my 6035. Is it really possible?

Is there a hack involved for the Palm?

mailing labels

Sorry, on the palm desktop on your computer, open the address book and select then right click on any entry. You should get a drop down with "send to" at the bottom. Select send to MS word and you should get the macro or at least some of it.

Thanks for the replies.

pushing my luck

Hook me up! This will take one second and should not do anything to your phone, just want to test before I tell tech it is the desktop not me or my machine....

in desktop
    goto address book
    right click on any name and send to word
    do you get to a mailing label macro or no?

I can only get half way

Thanks, Mark

I think it may be your machine. I just tried on mine (XP Pro, Word 2003, Palm Desktop 4.1) and it worked fine.

Good Luck...

thanks!

I really appreciate that although I am a bit bummed it might be my m,achine.... can you check your settings and tell me this?

"Thank you. I have been digging and that does not seem to be the fix. I did notice today a couple of things. I installed a dymo label machine to the computer yesterday... that now shows up as a trusted source in the "word" security / macro security drop down.... even though trust all installed apps is checked, this corporation specifically shows up but palm / kyo does not. That is one. Two is that when I go to help on the palm desktop and click about palm desktop, then version then other, a dymo dll shows up there. Under general there is a dll that says (not found) next to it, Expcn20.dll....."

Could this dll be necessary for word to work properly for the mailing label macro? Have you had other questions from users of office 03 with this palm desktop? Are there updates I should look for? Any way you know to add [palm / kyo specifically to the trusted sources of macros?

Any help is appreciated...

Kyocera 7135 and labels
    I believe I figured out a solution to making labels from the address book of the 7135. If you have AOL you can download intellisync and sinc it with your phone. All the addresses transfer over and from AOL you can make the labels. It even separates it into the categories that were already set up on your palm. Let me know if this works for you.