+ Reply to Thread

Edit Voice Mail Button -how?

I used to have my voice mail button programed to include my PIN . I had a hard reset and lost the setting. Now I can't seem to find/remember the place where the default voice mail settings are.

I know it's there somewhere.

Can someone provide this info. to me until my brain freeze thaws?

Re: Edit Voice Mail Button -how?

Originally posted by SmartDevil
    the place where the default voice mail settings are
    If you go to the Messages app - menu item Settings - Voice Mail you can enter your Voice Mail # including your PIN.

Thanks. That's the only place I didn't check....

This site does it again... another satisfied customer!!

PJH
    Is this our cue to bring up the subject of the values of backups??

Interesting tidbit on this topic.

It only works for HELD speeddials, it does not work for speedial+talk I changed my speed dial to be *86,,######
    where the first f #'s above are my pin.

if i HOLD DOWN the 1 digit, it speedials as above
    if I hit 1 and talk, it just dials the *86

darn.

Originally posted by kredai
    if i HOLD DOWN the 1 digit, it speedials as above
    if I hit 1 and talk, it just dials the *86
    My pin is entered automatically when I do either of the above. I don't have my phone set up to use *86 though, I have it set to enter my phone number instead. Don't know if or why that would make a difference though.
    Rick

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"

Originally posted by rfreschner
    My pin is entered automatically when I do either of the above. I don't have my phone set up to use *86 though, I have it set to enter my phone number instead. Don't know if or why that would make a difference though.
    Works either way for me with #86,#####

Alan

It makes it a little easier if you enter it this way:

*86,,#,0000

Where 0's are your pin number.

If you are on the Verizon network, using your own phone number rather than #86 should charge minutes to mobile-to-mobile bank (practically free minutes on most accounts now).

Originally posted by herbie7
    If you are on the Verizon network, using your own phone number rather than #86 should charge minutes to mobile-to-mobile bank (practically free minutes on most accounts now).
    If you're getting them charged to your M2M, you might want to enjoy it while you can. Although what you are saying is true for my last statement, Verizon has said that they'll be doing away with that. Apparently, in some markets they've been doing regular minutes and in others M2M and they said they were going to be consistent across all markets and it was supposed to happen sometime in my last billing period, which ended a couple of days ago. I should be getting my latest statement soon, so I'll let you know.
    Rick

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"

Originally posted by rfreschner
    I should be getting my latest statement soon, so I'll let you know.
    I got my statement and, for the month of March, all of my voicemail retrieval calls using my cell # were charged to my M2M minutes; i.e. free. Unfortunately, the only call I made to retrieve my voicemail after April 1st was using *86. All my settings reverted after I had to restore my ROM using JackSprat followed by a full restore from BackupBuddyVFS and I didn't realize it right away. I think that was the date someone posted when VZW was supposed to get their billing consistent. But, it doesn't really matter. Make your phone number the default for accessing VM and if it gets charged, you're no worse off than if you use *86 and it could be free.
    Rick