+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3 1/2 upgrades

back

3 1/2 upgrades

Yesterday, I upgraded 2 phones to 44/29, no problem. I then upgraded the phone half of a third one to 44, no problem. When I set it up in Smartphone Download mode for the PDA, software couldn't detect it. Repeated the process numerous times, tried resets. no luck. I them upgraded a 4th phone, no problems.
    I realize this is a PM issue. If anyone has any explanation/solution, please PM me.
    Since I did three others, before and after in the same cradle. I assume it is a phone problem. I had another one like this last month (different cradle).

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Sounds like a device (7135) problem to me. Might need to be replaced.
    Michael

back
    No warranty. If anyone agreed to replace it it would be a fluke. It has its good side (for some folks) though. No Graffiti 2! It is now a 44/23.
    Palm M515>Kyocera 6035>Kyo 7135>Treo 650>Treo700W>Treo 700P>Palm Centro Verizon

Has anyone had any problems beaming after an upgrade? Mine won't beam at all. I'm not sure if it's because of the upgrade or not.

It will seasrch, but not find anything to beam to. Other devices can't find it either.

Originally posted by ekaxel
    No warranty. If anyone agreed to replace it it would be a fluke. It has its good side (for some folks) though. No Graffiti 2! It is now a 44/23.
    Since the 7135 is an integrated, convergence device, the halves of the ROM releases are pretty closely tied together for their functionality. A user of that half-upgraded device may (read: probably will) encounter problems that a user of a fully-upgraded device will not.
    Michael

Originally posted by blues
    Has anyone had any problems beaming after an upgrade? Mine won't beam at all. I'm not sure if it's because of the upgrade or not.

It will seasrch, but not find anything to beam to. Other devices can't find it either.
    No problems here with beaming after the 44/29 upgrade.
    Michael

back
    Do we have anything documented on specific issues with 44/23? I searched the forum and found only one guy who was complaining about losing data when he changed batteries. That one seems N/A to me.

Beaming gets messed up when you have cards with the same name last first. At least I have been able to duplicate this error everytime I try. I just added a prefix to the name in conflict.

Originally posted by llestat
    ...with the same name last first....
    Can you try that again? You mean if I have two cards with the same name?

back
    OT? Beaming. Start a new thread!

My beaming woos are over. Thanks anyway.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3