+ Reply to Thread

Phone won't "send"

I have had a number of times where the 7135 does everything except "send" when I push the green button. Soft reset doesn't help. Turning the phone side off, then resetting (which I have defaulting to turning the phone on) seems to restore normal function. I have not been able to identify any common sequence leading up to this state. But I have missed many calls because of it. Should mention that the phone doesn't receive calls either, in this state. Signal strength looks fine. Battery is charged. On screen indication after hitting send is "connecting" (or calling) but nothing happens.

Anyone else have this? Maybe we can identify the steps (or offending software) causing this. I have MZ 1.0.44, and SZ 1.0.29. TIA
    Last edited by DRC_P; 02-26-2004 at 01:28 PM.

I very rarely have this happen. It was much worse in earlier firmware. For me it seems to occur if I have gone back and forth from silent to ringer by holding down the volume keys several times.

Sometimes I need to momentarily remove the battery before it will resolve.

This has happened maybe seven or eight times over the course of the past year, with most of them happening in the first two months I had the phone.

The worst time (this last weekend actually), the phone wouldn't come back up after I had tried that a couple of times unsuccesfully and I needed to do a hard reset to get it back (thanks BackupBuddyVFS).

Alan

I have had this just a couple of times and it was due to poor reception. Never saw it with good reception.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

I had the same happen a bit back, very weird. Had to hard reset.

I too continue to have this problem on a regular basis.

I usually get it when I go into the office building where there is no phone reception, and I don't turn the phone off.

When I come back outside, the phone looks like it's working, but it isn't. It will try to send the number, but it never connects (the little green phone symbol at the top of the screen fails to appear).

I live in an area where I usually only get one or 2 bars of reception if I'm lucky, so I always guessed it was a reception issue.
    Release the Hounds!

Have you tried EnergySaver? It shuts down the phone if there is no signal. Lots of settings...
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

I have tried 3 versions of Energy saver, as late as last month. Problem is more common with it installed.
    Last edited by DRC_P; 02-27-2004 at 12:30 PM.

I have only had it once or twice over the past year, but I solved it by removing the battery and quickly putting it back in.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator