+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

7135's are returning to VZW

Just an update here. The 7135's are now starting to ship to Verizon. They are available from our direct-fulfill centers and should be in the stores by mid to late next week. They are available through order now.

I will feel a little better when I see the phone back on the verizonwireless website.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3

Originally posted by blues
    I will feel a little better when I see the phone back on the verizonwireless website.
    Yea, I was thinking the same thing. As soon as I read the original post in this thread, I went out to www.verizonwireless.com and checked. Alas, no 7135 listing (at least for my zip code area).
    Dave

Originally posted by dwdod
    Alas, no 7135 listing (at least for my zip code area).
    Not here yet in the Northeast either.

Hi Gomez. Just to clarify: who are "we"? Whose direct-fulfill centers are they available from?

Thanks!
    Delmoki

Gomus works for Verizon Wireless. Thanks for the info, G!
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

It's true. My Verizon rep took my order on Wednesday and I had my phone on Thursday(2/26).

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the info. I called Verizon earlier today, but they were clueless, and said it was "on hold" indefinitely. I will try them again.

More Questions, sorry

Hi Gomus. Sorry to bombard with silly questions, but I just called Verizon and they say they can't get this. (?) How do I get an order from a direct-fulfil center? Where/what number do I call?

I've had a very frustrating time with Verizon CS and Sales over the past month. I'm hoping you can tell me where I should call for this.

Thanks again,

Delmoki

Re: More Questions, sorry

Originally posted by Delmoki
    Hi Gomus. Sorry to bombard with silly questions, but I just called Verizon and they say they can't get this. (?) How do I get an order from a direct-fulfil center? Where/what number do I call?

I've had a very frustrating time with Verizon CS and Sales over the past month. I'm hoping you can tell me where I should call for this.

Thanks again,

Delmoki
    Ditto. I have called customer service as well as corporate account sales (as my company has a coporate discount program with Verizon Wireless) and nobody has any idea that they're for sale again. I have someone checking into it for me and I'll update if I learn more.

QUICK UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with Verizon's corporate sales rep. He did some digging for me and called back to tell me that they will be able to take orders for it on Monday. He also said there's a $100 rebate on it.

He's calling me back Monday morning to confirm, but he said he was 99% sure that this is the case.

Thanks for the update!

So do we have to call corporate sales to get this, or will the regular sales people know what to do?

(Great news about the rebate, btw.)

We get a weekly update on all handsets. This includes availability, product defects and the fixes (if any), etc. The one this week stated they are available through direct-fullfill. This means that they are not yet in the centers yet but can be ordered. They should be in stores in the next week or so. Until then, they won't be on the website. Once they hit the stores in decent quantities, then the site should be updated.

Delmoki - Most Verizon Wireless locations (not authorized dealers) should be able to order them now. If they don't know about the re-release, just ask them to humor you and try to order one. You might just be able to enlighten them as to the fact that they are now available.

Gomus...
    Thanks for the great news and insight into the Verizon's process. Any truth to the rumor that the new phones are "updated"?
    mg

Re: Thanks for the update!

So do we have to call corporate sales to get this, or will the regular sales people know what to do?

(Great news about the rebate, btw.)
    I had to push the rep to look for it, but he was really good about asking around and getting back to me with information.

Re: the $100 rebate, I should qualify that by saying I haven't seen it yet and I don't know if it's only for corporate accounts, so don't quote me on it. But if you call customer service it's probably worth asking if there's a rebate. Maybe Kyocera site would list it if there is one?

<But if you call customer service it's probably worth asking if there's a rebate. >

Are you kidding? I've called Verizon CS and Sales five times since Friday, and they still insist that this phone is not available. Rebate? I'm certain they won't have a clue about that either. I wish they didn't have the best coverage/reception around here, because I would so love to switch to a different provider!

I went to the local Boulder VZW store today to get my phone flashed and the tech told me he couldn't read my phone. So he told me to call customer service and explain my problem and now they're sending me a new phone on Tuesday. Dunno if it will be a new one, but I guess VZW still has them in stock.

<But if you call customer service it's probably worth asking if there's a rebate. >

Are you kidding? I've called Verizon CS and Sales five times since Friday, and they still insist that this phone is not available. Rebate? I'm certain they won't have a clue about that either. I wish they didn't have the best coverage/reception around here, because I would so love to switch to a different provider!
    Agreed, I had the same experience for the past week. In this case it was a corporate sales rep so he might have access to different info. All I can tell you is he's calling me on Monday when he said it will officially be in their system and he said he can take my order then. I'll post an update to confirm the rebate if I get details.

I just called my local VZW office in central CT, and they knew the 7135's were going be be able to be ordered next week, but they didn't know when...