+ Reply to Thread

PDADefense and fatal exceptions

That's my theory anyway.

Has anyone had issues with PDADefense and resolved them? Twice I have had the palm reset when I tried to run anything, including a hot sync. The error says Invalid card #.

The first time I assumed I did something and found a backup to restore. This last time was different. 9:30 pm palm working fine. Sleep. 6:15 am use the phone, which works fine. 6:30 try to use palm and fatal exception on all apps, although strangely hbx works, just not the app it calls.

So the phone wasn't even touched in between working and not working. But in the morning, the palm was not locked, as it should have been.

I have been having several issues, less serious than this, since installing PDADefense. I was not able to get the card encryption to work as it would corrupt the card. I know there are two features that are not supported for the 7135, but I am not trying to use those.

I really want a program that will "wipe" the phone if the wrong password is entered too often, but I can't try to restore my phone every couple of days.

Any thoughts?
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Sorry, I haven't used PDA Defense. If you get in a bind, I am using Datashield and it works great. Not sure if they do the same thing though.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

DataShield is used to store certain data in a secure way. PDADefense secures existing databases and files, among other features.

Thanks for the post, though.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

EMN

Re: PDADefense and fatal exceptions

Originally posted by harleyxlc
    . . . I really want a program that will "wipe" the phone if the wrong password is entered too often, but I can't try to restore my phone every couple of days.

Any thoughts?
    TealLock has a "wipe" feature.

I shall eventually try that one again. I had issues with it, too, but it was the trial version. I am really trying to get PDADefense to work. I hope someone out there has run into these probs and has some thoughts about apps that conflict, settings to avoid, etc.

Thanks for the response.
    My sordid past: