+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP...SD Card?

HELP...SD Card?

Ok, so I have 2 cards; 1 64MB MMC and 1 256MB SD card and I use the Cruzer to transfer files. For some reason now when I try to transfer songs to the 64MB card, all is fine, but when I try to transfer songs to the 256MB card, it comes up with an error that says: "Cannot copy [song name]: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)." What is this? Can anyone help here?
    I've repeatedly formatted both cards to make sure I keep them on a level playing field with this problem. I've formatted both cards in my 7135, in the Cruzer, and in my wife's Tungsten E. What is this error? What can I do? Please help. Thanks.

back
    Corrupted song file?
    Palm M515>Kyocera 6035>Kyo 7135>Treo 650>Treo700W>Treo 700P>Palm Centro Verizon

I have had this issue, and know of other people who have had it, with specific brands of cards. I am not touting one or the other, but the Lexar is the only one I have been able to use without any issues. Even the SanDisk, supposedly one of the best, started giving me those errors after a while. Fortunately the store gave me credit, and so I swapped it out. I can't say if your situation is related to the card itself, but in my case, it appears that it was. Hope this helps.
    Nothing lasts forever, except true love. If it does not last, it wasn't true....

Does anybody know if the speed of the card affects playing of mp3's? I know Kingston has a new high speed 256mb card coming out that is to be 5 times faster.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar

Re: HELP...SD Card?

Originally posted by FirstTimer
    Ok, so I have 2 cards; 1 64MB MMC and 1 256MB SD card and I use the Cruzer to transfer files. For some reason now when I try to transfer songs to the 64MB card, all is fine, but when I try to transfer songs to the 256MB card, it comes up with an error that says: "Cannot copy [song name]: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)." What is this? Can anyone help here?
    I've repeatedly formatted both cards to make sure I keep them on a level playing field with this problem. I've formatted both cards in my 7135, in the Cruzer, and in my wife's Tungsten E. What is this error? What can I do? Please help. Thanks.
    Sounds like your card is going bad. Get it replaced.
    Michael