+ Reply to Thread

Angry Palm expreprt.exe module

HotSync connection not working.
    PC recognizes hardware in USB port.

Palm error: Expreprt.exe module not found

Have reinstalled Palm software from Kyocera 7135 CD-ROM and from internet.

Palm installation wizard calls for the file 'PalmUSBD.sys' on PalmDesktop Installation CD-ROM is needed. I do not have this CD-ROM, and cannot find PalmUSBD.sys on internet.

Suggestions???[B]
    LynneDee

Did you have a previous version of the Palm Desktop already installed on your computer?
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Palm OS 4.0

Yes, I have a version of Palm that was provided by Kyocera. Kyocera customer support said they could not help me, and that I must contact Palm.
    LynneDee

So you have an earlier version of Palm Desktop that was provided by Kyocera as well as the 7135 Desktop? Or was the earlier version also for the 7135? If you have or had both versions installed at the same time, that could be the source of your problem.

I am assuming since you don't have the desktop CD that you downloaded the Desktop program. I'm not sure exactly how that would work during the installation process, but that file may be in whatever directory you're installing it from on the hard drive instead of the CD.
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

re: expreprt.exe error

I had this happen to me as well. I fixed it by creating a text file in notepad, just an e-mty file, then I renamed it to the filename expreprt.exe and moved it into the Palm folder. Next time I ran the Palm program, everything worked just fine. Hope this helps.