+ Reply to Thread

Question If you've had to send your 7135 back to Kyocera...

How long does it generally take them to fix it, or to decide it can't be fixed and send you a new one?

My 7135 needs to go to the PDA hospital (actually the PDA part works just fine - it just can't seem to locate a carrier signal and says it is 'searching' all the time) and I'm missing it already!

Also, how often do you get back your old phone vs. getting a new or refurbished phone?

-Karyl
    (currently trying to make due with an old, old old Kyo 2135 that GASP isn't good for anything besides phone calls!)

DrJ
    I had to return my 7135 once - for repair to a charging connection that was loose. The phone was back to me, fixed and "refurbished," in five business days. (It definitely was the same phone).

Re: If you've had to send your 7135 back to Kyocera...

Originally posted by karylr
    How long does it generally take them to fix it, or to decide it can't be fixed and send you a new one?

My 7135 needs to go to the PDA hospital (actually the PDA part works just fine - it just can't seem to locate a carrier signal and says it is 'searching' all the time) and I'm missing it already!

Also, how often do you get back your old phone vs. getting a new or refurbished phone?

-Karyl
    (currently trying to make due with an old, old old Kyo 2135 that GASP isn't good for anything besides phone calls!)
    If you want one right away, ask for the advance exchange option (It think that's what it's called.) They'll charge your credit card, send you out a replacement, and then reverse the charge when they get your old one back.

Sending back to Kyo...

I sent mine back and I had it back within 5 business days as well. This last time (actually, same problem popped up), they just sent me a replacement.
    The Kyo tech I spoke to initially discouraged me from doing the advanced replacement because they won't necessarily reverse the entire charge on your credit card. According to him, they deduct any charges for returning your defective phone to "as new", physically. That means that if they have to replace the antenna or phone body due to any scratches (who DOESN'T have a couple little scratches on their phone?), or even the flimsy brushed aluminum piece, you pay for any and all of the. His words to me were "...I've never had a customer call me back AFTER they received their credit card statement in as good a mood as they were when we were setting up the advanced replacement..." Of course, if you have Verizon, they'll do an "advance replacement" sort of thing w/out charging you, from what I understand (I'm with Alltel). That's if Verizon has any or will have any soon.

I had a very good experience with Verizon...my zero button stopped working, and after I showed them at the store they had a new one overnighted to me with the understanding that I would send my broken one back within 10 days or be charged. Two days later I had a new phone and my old one was on its way to them, no charges. The new phone was a refurb but a later revision than my old one. This was about 2 weeks ago, so I don't think the battery recall is affecting this process. The battery was not exchanged. FWIW...
    ----------------------------------
    http://www.mistercrazy.com/

I returned mine using the advance exchange option and was nervous about getting charged for "cosmetic repairs" by Kyocera, but they never charged me a dime.

Even though:

I had cut off the headphone jack flap off
    The cover had a (small) dent and a few scratches
    The grafitti area was scratched

I never had to go without my phone at all! Good luck

Originally posted by Zaphod042
    I had a very good experience with Verizon...my zero button stopped working, and after I showed them at the store they had a new one overnighted to me with the understanding that I would send my broken one back within 10 days or be charged. Two days later I had a new phone and my old one was on its way to them, no charges. The new phone was a refurb but a later revision than my old one. This was about 2 weeks ago, so I don't think the battery recall is affecting this process. The battery was not exchanged. FWIW...
    I had the exact same experience just this paast week. But i do have an additions questions:

My 1 year warranty is up in May, but since i got a "new" phone last week does that get extended? or is it still up in may?

I dropped my phone and then the earpiece didnt' work. That was last Saturaday. Monday morning, Verizon contacted Kyocera for me and because mine was still under warrentee, Verizon had FedEx'ed me a new phone the following day.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 -> Palm IIIxe - Treo 650 - Tungsten T3

I sent mine back to Kyocera 2nd day air so they got it on a Friday morning. Next Wednesday at 10 am i had repaired phone in my hands. Same case for sure (I recognized my scratches and dents) but i think the keypad was replaced.

I had verizon turn on my old StarTac while it was gone so i would have a phone. Worked out great-Didn't even have to go to a vzw store.