+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Random Beeps

Random Beeps

Just got my 7135 last week.

For the most part I love it, and it's a blast to play with.

But recently it's started beeping kind of randomly. I have set notifications only for missed calls. And it's not the ringtone, it's a system beep.

There is no apparent rhyme or reason. Just tweedles avery once in awhile.

I hate beeping things. So it's driving me crazy.

I did a search, but couldn't find anything.

My sanity requests your help.

Is it set to alert on roaming or signal loss? Depending on where you are the signal loss one could occur reasonably often (elevators etc.).

--Hadron

That's what I thought at first. I checked and no.

Yes there is intermitent service here, but it doesn't seem to correlate to that. i.e. when I do loose service it doesn't beep. When it does beep it seems I do have service.

Sid, this may be silly but could you describe the beeps? Is is a single tone, a set of beeps, an arpegio? Also, what is going on when this happens, i.e. phone on hip closed, using the palm or phone, ect. This may help the phone guru's give you some advice as to what's going on.
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

BEst I can say is that it is a beepbeep Kind of quick and short. Not at all like the on charger off charger beeps other than maybe length.

As far as what it's doing. Just sitting in the cradle. Never heard it otherwise, but then it sits in the cradle most of the time (damn batteries).

Could it be a missed call. The incoming call message didn't come on, but I was expecting a call, no messages.

Sometimes it happens quickly a couple a few minutes apart. Sometimes 30 or 40 minutes between.

Update

Figured it out.

It's the same beep when a call is being forwarded. a feature that my V-60 didn't have, and I think is great. That way if AI forget to turn off call forwading I find out before I miss anymore calls.

But the problem was that I had the forwarding to the wrong number, so that the other phone (which I was sitting next to) didn't ring.

Pebcap error

Problem exists between chair and phone.