+ Reply to Thread

phone carcuss replacement

Does anyone know of anywhere I can get a hold of a 7135 carcuss. My phone still works perfectly but the flip broke.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

7135 body

Check on Ebay for a non functioning display phone. I have seen five or six of these over the past few months they sell for like $15-$ 25.

It is the same case as a working 7135 without the circuit boards.

Cool Maybe I should getr one for my kids so the will stop wanting to play with my phone!
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

If I recall correctly, you can send the phone back to Kyocera and, for a $50 fee, they will replace the housing for you.
    And you can then get that annoying Verizon Logo off the front of the phone.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy

Anyone have any kyocera parts laying around. Specifically the Flex connector that looks like the following.

Thanks
    Last edited by jamspc; 02-02-2005 at 04:43 PM.

flat cable

I had a problem with the center connector . It would not make a good contact. I cleaned it with contact cleaner, then put small piece of ffoam tape between the ccover and the connector to put some pressure on it. Solved my problem. Forfore I did this I had found a company in CA that sold replacement parts I found tem searching on Google. I thought I saved the link but I can not find it. If I do I will forward it to you. I also did a solder job on another cable and it worked.

Viastar

Viastar Repair
    If the link works it is to Viastars repair request form. Once you Select what type of phone you have you can click the tab that says "Phone Descriptions" and it will show you the cost of various repairs. The request form and estimate are free so it's worth just to see. A new housing through them will be about $50 as you will hopefully be able to see. If you don't mind sending your phone out that may be an option for you. Wouldn't have to worry about doing it yourself. Just putting it out there in case it interests anyone.

I have an old 7135 that had some water damage. It still works, but the buttons dont work right. Screen and graffiti work perfect. I was trying to sell it for 75 bucks if anyone wants it pm me.

for sale water damaged

how long was it under water for? Did you open it up and do any work to it?

it was under water for a few seconds. Some of the number keys dont work, but everything else works pretty good. I got a replacement so I dont use the thing, only thing wrong with it other than the keys not working is the face plate. I got one off of ebay cuz my new one broke where the screw is. But it put that faceplate on the old one. I can take some pictures of it on and off if ur interested pm me.