+ Reply to Thread

Question I Just Can't Figure This Issue Out!!

When my phone is plugged into the OEM car speaker it randomly beeps once and then twice automatically activating the voice command dialing and redials the last number I dialed. It happened today when I was at the gas station with the radio off and the windows closed (no outside noise) ..... anyone else experiencing this issue and how can I fix it?!?!?!?

It is probably interpreting the "Wake Up" command somehow. If you go to "Voice Dial", drop the "Voice Book" menu ans select Control Words, then (re)train "Wake up" it will hopefully prevent it.

Yup, I've found that mine will think it hears a wake up command and respond with its little beep. Which brings up training the wake up command to be something that would be less confused with background noice and perhaps other than "wake up". I had my wake-up command trained to be "HEY YOU" for awhile. I suppose I could let the people around me think I have Turrets while I curse at my phone!
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I've already tried re-training the wakeup command several times and I am still having the same problem. The symptom only occurs after the first use in the car. Prior to the first use it won't activate. Oh well, if anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

The voice tags file might be having issues. You could try deleting "kwc_Voice Tags" from ram using filez or something similar. It will recreate that file and you will have retrain all your Contacts/commands.