+ Reply to Thread

Question 7135 Or Treo Phone Numbers

Here is my deal. I have been using a Verizon 7135 for about a year and I am thinking about making a change.

Most of my clients are husband and wife. (ie Steve and Cindy Smith)
    I would like to enter them in the address book once but change the Phone number labels. Like this:
    Home: 949-555-4444
    His Work 949-555-1212
    Her Work 949-555-1111
    His Cell: 949-555-2222
    Her Cell: 949-555-3333
    Fax: 949-555-8888

I do not want to enter Cindy Smith and then Steve Smith into the address book because we use this data for mailing them promo stuff. I do not want the Smiths to get 2 pieces of promo mail.

1) When I enter a client into the address book, I am limited to 5 phones numbers that I can dial using the center up down button.

2) I am not able to change the "labels" ie Work, Home, Fax, Other etc to other labels.

Is there a program out there that will allow me to enter more numbers per person and change the labels BUT still function using the center up down button?

I have tried the custom fields, but they are not dialable.

Should I give up on the 7135 and go to the Treo 600 ?

USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

This app is supposed to allow you to change the default field names in the addressbook. I've never used it, and therefore, can't endorse it.

I don't think it will increase the # of dialable fields, however.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/abfr.shtml

Good Luck!
    bk

TAKEphONE will allow you to dial the custom fields with the up/down/ok button. That will give you 4 more usable fields. If you don't already have TAKEphONE, you are really missing out!
    Last edited by Krazman; 07-23-2004 at 12:34 AM.
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

Link is Down

Are there any other mirror sites to download.
    Looks like his site is down.

I can get to [url]www.freeplamware.com but the link to the download is down.