+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Verizon Phasing Out the 7135

With all the "issues" we have been having with the 7135 do you think Verizon will just give up on the 7135.
    So when I call to get a another refurbed one in 60 days they will say too bad ??

That time will come, but I wouldn't worry quite yet. You will see the rumors of a new similar model before you will see that one go away, IMHO.

And I didn't have issues with mine, had it a year
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

rrr
    Sorry folks, but it's been phased out in some markets already.

so when our model is completely phased out in a few months, and our phone breaks... what "comparable" model phone will we receive from lockline insurance? refurb'd i600?,treo? anything similar or will we be gettin nonsmartphone in return?

It would depend on their stock. The time came with the 6035 that you could actually get a 7135 instead (made most people happy).
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

you should just be glad that they will offer insurance for your 7135 ( and you get a replacement) lock/line will NOT offer insurance for alltel customers in kansas on the 7135. when mine died after the warranty i had to buy another one OUCH

I just replaced my 6035 with a 7135. My contract was up and I got an INCREDIBLE proce on a new one.

From Verizon.

They were off the price list here for awhile after the battery problems, but they're back now. I was glad, because I've seen one of the new Treo600's and without even using one I hate it. It's ugly and I don't know HOW anyone can use those tiny qwerty keyboards!

I have not experienced any of the "flaws" I read about in the reviews of the 7135. Most notably, I have no loag when dialing numbers, even WITH the tones on! My biggest beef was that I couldn't silence it QUICKLY. Then I RTFM and realized I could do it with the Volume control. I've only had it a day, but I know my boss is just happy I've stopped drooling on his!
    http://www2.potsdam.edu/prescor/
    signat-url.htm

It seems to me the 7135's days have to be numbered. Here are the reasons I think the 7135 will be removed from the Verizon lineup soon:
    • the recent PalmOne Treo 600 having been added to the Verizon lineup
    • the fact that 7135 sales have been less than stellar
    • the enormous number of technical support issues and handset replacements of defective 7135's
    Taking these facts into consideration, I can't imagine Verizon intends to keep the 7135 in its lineup much longer.

Of course, this is just speculation and just my opinion...
    Last edited by dwdod; 07-23-2004 at 02:55 PM.
    Dave

well..dwdod you must take up being a fortune teller..you might become a millionaire..check the VZW site..7135 is off their list!!!! in my zip anyway (95035)
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Originally posted by equus
    well..dwdod you must take up being a fortune teller..you might become a millionaire..check the VZW site..7135 is off their list!!!! in my zip anyway (95035)
    Well, I had checked the VZW website prior to my posting that message, and once again following your message, and the 7135 is still listed for my zip (20815)
    Dave

Originally posted by dwdod
    Well, I had checked the VZW website prior to my posting that message, and once again following your message, and the 7135 is still listed for my zip (20815)
    umm, I wonder why its off on this of the universe? may be cause this is the left coast!!!
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

umm, I wonder why its off on this of the universe? may be cause this is the left coast!!!
    Well, I can explain that. I was born and raised in CA and ever since I left the left coast, they have disowned me and anything connected with me...
    Dave

lol...oh well you are still needed here though!!!!...and this left coast surfer ain't disowning you!!!

lol...oh well you are still needed here though!!!!...and this left coast surfer ain't disowning you!!!
    Yea...but you've got some strange looking fluid flowing out of the gears in your head...
    btw...your revised Avatar is really cool!!!
    Dave

Originally posted by dwdod
    Yea...but you've got some strange looking fluid flowing out of the gears in your head...
    btw...your revised Avatar is really cool!!!
    Thanks..that avatar was designed by two wonderful members named JimCapraro and BrianMiles in the i700 forum...
    that fluid is the foam out of my mouth!!!! I was told I was rabid!!! can you imagine that!!!

Last time I had a problem with my 7135 I went to the Verizon store in Hartsdale NY and they replaced it with a Samsung i600. Its not Palm, but its not bad.

Originally posted by prescor
    I just replaced my 6035 with a 7135. My contract was up and I got an INCREDIBLE proce on a new one.

From Verizon.

They were off the price list here for awhile after the battery problems, but they're back now. I was glad, because I've seen one of the new Treo600's and without even using one I hate it. It's ugly and I don't know HOW anyone can use those tiny qwerty keyboards!
    CONGRATS! If you get half the pleasure I got from my 7135, you'll be a very happy camper. You'll especially appreciate it as an upgrade to the 6035 and it should satisfy you for a long time to come. The 7135 is really terrific phone, IMO.

The Treo600 is not very attractive to me either but it is growing on me. The qwerty keyboard is something I'm learning to use. I figure that if the low tech muckity mucks in my company can operate a BB, I certainly can use this thing.

I wouldn't be surprised that the 7135's sales have been less than stellar considering that its price is still at $400.

$250-300 is when most of the non-early-adopters begin to consider a smartphone. (I bought my 6035 when it went down to $250, and I will buy the 7135 as soon as it drops to that price... Even with New Every 2, I can't afford a 7135 at its current price and my 6035 serves me just fine for the time being.)

I don't see the Treo as being a big threat to the 7135... I refuse to buy any PDA that has a fully exposed screen at all times like the Treo and all PocketPC phones do. The Treo may be a nice PDA, but from what I've seen of it, it's a pretty crappy phone. I refuse to buy a phone that I can't dial by feel, and the Treo's keys are way too small.

Edit: Plus Express Network is still so insanely expensive that it's difficult to justify the need for a 1xRTT phone... The 7135 is a victim of both its predecessor's success and high 1xRTT pricing.
    Last edited by Entropy42; 07-29-2004 at 11:02 AM.

I'm discovering all of the "little" changes. Like in Address Book, pressing "down" only goes down one name instead of one PAGE. Holding the button down does a whole page.

And Grafitti 2...GRRRRRR... IMHO, anyone who had a "problem" with the original grafitti should stick to post-it notes. They went and messed up a near-perfect thing. I can't write "t"s or "i"s anymore without getting tripped up.
    http://www2.potsdam.edu/prescor/
    signat-url.htm

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Originally posted by prescor
    I'm discovering all of the "little" changes. Like in Address Book, pressing "down" only goes down one name instead of one PAGE. Holding the button down does a whole page.

And Grafitti 2...GRRRRRR... IMHO, anyone who had a "problem" with the original grafitti should stick to post-it notes. They went and messed up a near-perfect thing. I can't write "t"s or "i"s anymore without getting tripped up.
    Buy Jot or TealScript (and download "Legacy Script" from the TealPoint web site) to get back to Graffiti 1. I use TealScript, and it works great.
    Michael