+ Reply to Thread

Phone hard crashed itself!

THis is a first for me. I've had it lock up, but I was sending a text message, it made a beep and the screen went white. I did a reset, and next thing I know, everything is gone. Good thing I backed up SIX WEEKS AGO!! Damn phone, hahahah...does this kind of thing happen often??
    Sarina

Gads! Sorry to read that.

For me, once in 6 months after I stopped experimenting with new programs I'd have a hard reset.

Do you use BackupBuddy? If not, you should get it or a similar program and a SD card. You'll want to set Backupbuddy to backup every day at some convenient time. For me, it was 3 AM. Less than 10 minutes after a hard reset you'll be back in business.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

I've had the thing just under a year and only had two hard resets. Luckily Card Backup, which I have set to backup nightly at 0400 saved all but my voice dial settings both times. If you don't already have a program capable of backing up on a schedule, do look into getting one....

(How odd, I posted this at the exact same time as Beryl... I read the initial post, posted my reply and Beryl's was there too!)
    Last edited by Osteo; 07-24-2004 at 07:46 PM.
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

Thanks.. I do have backup buddy, but the card thing is new. I put some songs on it, but I never listen to the MP 3 player. I'll looking into card backup, that sounds like handy information! I was just glad I was near home and could hotsync it. I'ts rarely on the hotsync cradle, I think the card backup would work nicely for me.
    Sarina

Backupbuddy also has a program that resides on the Palm (BackupBuddy VFS). Sorry I wasn't clear. That is the program I use to backup automatically to the card every morning. A crippled version comes with the 7135, I believe.

There are a bunch of similar programs including Cardbackup VFSbackup, PIBackup and Backupman. The main reason I use BackupBuddy VFS is because it came out before most of the others and I've stuck with it over the years.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Is that included with the backup buddy program or is it something completely different?
    Sarina

It was included in an early copy of BB for Windows but I believe it is purchased separately now.

BackupBuddyVFS:Lite 2.15
    BackupBuddyVFS 2.15
    BackupBuddy for Windows 2.0.1

I don't believe the "Lite" version allows for scheduled backups. They are all at Palmgear and Handango.

cool, thanks!
    Sarina