+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-25-2004
    Posts
    11

    MP3 Player problems

    I have a new 7135 and am trying to decide how best to play MP3's. I currently have loaded both Bebopper and Kyoamp, and am finding that more than half of my MP3's which played fine on my Tungsten C cause a crash and require a reset on the 7135 -- they simply freeze when I try to play them,

    The 7135's player and Bebopper give me no warning at all -- they just crash. Kyoamp is at least graceful enough that if it doesn't like the MP3, it doesn't load it into the default playlist, so I know that way which files won't play in advance, and I'm not having to reset when I use Kyoamp -- but I'm not getting to play those MP3s either .

    Can someone explain to me what the deal is here and how to go about addressing this problem?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-27-2003
    Posts
    150
    Are the built-in player and Bebopper able to even display details about the track other than its filename, specifically the length in minutes and seconds?

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-25-2004
    Posts
    11
    Jonathan:

    Thanks for the reply. I do like your program

    Anyway, on the built-in, when I navigate on the main screen to the song, it shows up in the title area, shows ELAPSED 00:00, then never gets started.

    ....(intervening reset after crash) ....
    On bebopper, the playlist manager shows the song as being 4:20 in length. When I select "PLAY" it takes a second to shift back to the main screen, but does get there (I thought it crashed first, actually) but the main screen shows the song name, album name, artish name, and type --- but NO length information.

    Thanks for any suggestions you have.

    I believe these offending MP3's were made from the original CD using Musicmatch Jukebox version 8.20.0130 without changing any of the default settings on it. The ones that work were made using Musicmatch too, but probably an older version, if I remember correctly.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-27-2003
    Posts
    150
    Did you add any album art to these tracks? If the art is fairly large, the track may not begin immediately due to the time needed to read past the image and get to the audio data. I noticed that the last MusicMatch update is saving the images as bitmaps, not a JPEG.
    Last edited by PalmNut; 07-26-2004 at 12:20 AM.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-25-2004
    Posts
    11
    Using Total Recorder, I removed the ID32 and ID31 data (including the cover art) from one of the MP3's --- tried Bebopper -- and got the same crash.

    I then used Total recorder to place an ID31 only data on the song. Tried Bebopper again -- same crash.

    I am sure that I was actually changing the files because when both ID31 and ID32 data were removed, the display showed no song info at all. When I put data back in under ID31, I got the song title and Album info back -- but still crashed and still got no "end time / song length" data.

    Any other suggestions?

    thanks

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-27-2003
    Posts
    150
    That's really strange. After you've removed the tag data, can Bebopper display the correct length in the File Manager? The elapsed and total time will not show up on the main screen until playback actually begins.

    If you want me to take a look at one of your files, check your PM. I use MusicMatch frequently and haven't had any issues with its encoding or tagging.

  7. #7
    pzc
    pzc is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-07-2003
    Posts
    177
    I’m a long time user of Bebopper but I tried Kyoamp as soon as it was announced. My experience is that for some strange reason using both creates issues for 7135 and for Bebopper. After I de-installed Kyoamp (as is I prefer Bebopper) problems went away. This was also reported by somebody else. Don't know it your problems are related to this.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-25-2004
    Posts
    11
    Problem Solved: After a couple of very helpful exchanges with the programmer of Bebopper, I found that the problem was mine -- I reformatted my SD card, recopied all my directories back to it using my PC, and all the MP3's that originally would not work started working fine.

    I had originally formatted the card with my Tungsten C / OS5 so maybe that had something to do with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts