+ Reply to Thread

Help! my 7135 locked! "Service Required, contact Provider"

Yesterday I tried to edit settings (using 111111 code in phone menu) and this message appear : "Service Required! Contact Provider!"
    The setting I change is channel setting and also the lock code.

Now I can't access phone menu/application, that message keep appear and avoiding me from access phone....

I also tried to hard reset and remove the battery all night long, but the message still exist....

Help! helppp! pls. give me any solutions....
    Thanks.....

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Sounds like you're going to have to take your device to your cellular provider to get it fixed.
    Michael

Remove the battery, then press and hold the reset button for over 30 seconds. This should do a factory reset -- you will then need to restore all your settings, either with a backup on card or by synch'ing. This doesn't alway work right away, but it should eventually get rid of the message.

After that goes away, dial *228, then press "1" per the message to activate your phone. That should do it.
    Peter L.

Mac OS X user
    Originally posted by plyons10
    Remove the battery, then press and hold the reset button for over 30 seconds. This should do a factory reset
    Since when? A "hard reset" (as it's usually referred to) is done by:

1. Open the battery door.
    2. Press and hold the backlight button.
    3. Press the reset button.
    4. When the Palm logo appears, releast the backlight button.
    5. The following message appears: Erase all data? YES - "up" button; NO - any other button.
    6. Press the Up button.
    - Paul

Verizon has had me do this and it's worked. That's all I know.
    Peter L.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Originally posted by pauljlucas
    Since when? A "hard reset" (as it's usually referred to) is done by:
    The method user "plyons10" was referring to is called a "Crash Reset". Don't know where that name came from or who it's from, but the procedure does work sometimes to fix drastic problems.
    Michael

I think you're sunk

When the same thing happened to me, I did all of the above (regular soft reset, hard reset, "crash reset") and spent 2 hours in the Verizon store with the tech in the back (who, unlike the teenagers in the front, actually knew what he was doing w/the 7135).

The end of the story is, Verizon express-mailed me a new phone. I had the warranty, so it didn't cost me anything other than the time I spent on the project.

The first phone lasted almost a year with only one or two hard resets. The second is going on three months now. Although it has the contrast bug, that's easily fixed with the patch linked on this site. No hard resets. Very, very stable device with very, very heavy usage--phone, pda, snappermail, attachments, blazer, bebopper, biblereader+.

Good luck.
    PRO

Thanks guys!!!
    I'll try to fix my 7135 tonight....

Thank you all!

plyons10, I've tried to remove battery and press the reset button for 30secs but nothing happened.
    Are you sure that we have to remove the battery? or perhaps, you mean the battery cover?
    How come there's a reaction of the device without battery power?
    Pls. give me enlightment!

Well, the device also has a small internal battery.

After you held down the button and replaced the main battery, what happened?

You could also try the hard reset (search this forum... I don't remember how to fix it myself).
    Peter L.

By the way... my phone is now locked up too (Service Req'd). AGAIN...

I'm going to try to get Verizon to give me a new one at this point. It's getting ridiculous.
    Peter L.

It worked... Verizon is sending a new phone to me ... I should get it tomorrow.
    Peter L.

Originally posted by plyons10
    It worked... Verizon is sending a new phone to me ... I should get it tomorrow.
    It will be a Factory Refurbished phone but it will work great. I've had no problems with mine for over 2 months now since I received the replacement. Verizon tech support did tell me that the phone had problems and have since been resolved.

Got the new phone early this morning... swapped out the new longer stubbed antenna for the my old one and restored everything to the new one. Up and running!

BTW: I've noticed that the EN connections now seem a little quicker... or maybe it's just that the message on the phone when connected says "High Speed Data" intead of "Packet Data mode".. hmmm...
    Peter L.

The MAIN problem is : I'm in INDONESIA!
    so much for the shipping cost!!

Yikes..!
    Peter L.