+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Hotsync Hangs with Fatal Exception!

OK after 2 months with the phone it looks like the honeymoon might be over. I've had my first hard reset. I guess I was getting cocky, using the Avantgo browser to view an Intellicast Radar Summary.

Now, when I got to restore my databases on hotsync, it hangs up or throws a Fatal Exception (requireing a reset) when it gets to "Syncronizing Tetris." and all my data is not restored.

Ideas?
    -Pat

After studying the Log it appears that Tetris_Prefs.PDB was OK but TLSSesDBEdra.PDB is not...

What does that do?

- Installed file:C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\MaddenP\backup\Tetris_Prefs.PDB
    - Install failed: C:\ProgramFiles\Palm\MaddenP\backup\TLSSesDBEdra.PDB
    Install synchronization failed
    Restore application database error
    HotSync Error: Connection is lost (6410)

-

Hotsync Hangs with Fatal Exception!

If you're getting this error when trying to restore your data, I'd try restoring piece by piece. I had a similar situation and that's what I had to do. Find the folder where the restore is being done from, make a copy of it, and then delete everything but the essentials for the initial restore, i.e. datebook, addresses, todo. After you see that those are working you can re-install your applications and databases a few at a time until you pinpoint the culprit.

Smile

Thanks. I tried a shortcut and it worked. I pulled TLSSesDBEdra.PDB out of the Backup Folder (put it in a "HOLD" folder) and ran another Hotsync and it worked. There was a "Restore application database error." But I figure that may be because it looked for TLSSesDBEdra.PDB and it wasn't there. But it ran through all my most recent data got restored and I've run another successful Hotsync. Suppose I should buy Backupbuddy?
    -Pat
    Last edited by Palmdog; 08-03-2004 at 12:05 PM.