+ Reply to Thread

Inexpensive front cover plate replacement

After getting a couple of dents to the aluminum front cover plate I decided to try to get a replacement. I checked with the Verizon store, but they said that they could not order the plate. When I called Kyocera, they said that I would have to send the 7135 to them and place a deposit with them for the value of the phone (I never could get an answer as to why). The cost would be $50 and I would have to pay for shipping each way.

Eventually, I was able to track down the name of the company that supplies the part to Kyocera. I called Viastar and they ordered the part for me. The cost was $7.20 + $1.50 [shipping] for a grand total of $8.70. The replacement cover does not have the Kyocera Logo on it (an added bonus).

I took the part to the Verizon store and they put it on for free; it took less than 2 minutes.

If anyone is interested, call Viastar at
    (877) 235-5300 x 151 [Russ]

The Part description is: Kyocera 7135 ALUMINUM ESCUTCHEON.
    Item: 01KYC0198190

They will very likely be out of stock, but will be able to order and receive it within a couple of weeks.

Good luck

Jeff

great post Jeff

Your research has saved me lots of time I dont have. This part of the phone takes the most abuse and I will need to order one soon now that I have the info. Thanks again and I encourage anyone else with any similar information to continue this post.....

Thanks from me too!
    Peter L.

Re: Inexpensive front cover plate replacement

Do these guys sell the plastic housing as well? Mine is pristine except the hinge broke and popped off.

Originally posted by jt999
    After getting a couple of dents to the aluminum front cover plate I decided to try to get a replacement. I checked with the Verizon store, but they said that they could not order the plate. When I called Kyocera, they said that I would have to send the 7135 to them and place a deposit with them for the value of the phone (I never could get an answer as to why). The cost would be $50 and I would have to pay for shipping each way.

Eventually, I was able to track down the name of the company that supplies the part to Kyocera. I called Viastar and they ordered the part for me. The cost was $7.20 + $1.50 [shipping] for a grand total of $8.70. The replacement cover does not have the Kyocera Logo on it (an added bonus).

I took the part to the Verizon store and they put it on for free; it took less than 2 minutes.

If anyone is interested, call Viastar at
    (877) 235-5300 x 151 [Russ]

The Part description is: Kyocera 7135 ALUMINUM ESCUTCHEON.
    Item: 01KYC0198190

They will very likely be out of stock, but will be able to order and receive it within a couple of weeks.

Good luck

Jeff

I would give Viastar a call. If they cannot order the part, they may very well be able to refer you.

Good luck,

Jeff

Somebody help me

I'm living in Lima Peru, and is hard to find this item (aluminum front cover plate) for replace, please somebody can buy for me and i will send the money (obviously + shipping + US$ bonus). I hope your help.
    emailme: erickleiva@msn.com
    Thanks

http://www.tessco.com/products/displ...?itemId=207645

7135 cover...

I, too, found a replacement cover for the 7135 - check out www.cellphoneshop.net. They sell a black faceplate for the 7135, with matching battery cover plate. Problem is, there are no instructions for installation, so it's still sitting in my desk drawer. But it's kind of cool - high gloss black metal - very Darth Vader. Cost - $5.90, plus shipping. Item # FAC-KY7135BCK.

I contacted them re: installation, but they had nothing to offer. Maybe Verizon will install, I"ll try. IN the meantime, if anyone checks this out and finds out how to install, let me know.

Donald