+ Reply to Thread

Question GPS location Option GONE?? HELP!

Yesterday my 7135 was stuck on the "Palm Powered" logo screen. (It must have reset? - Oddly enough the outer display was still keeping time?) So I had no choice but todo a soft reset. Everything came back up normal. No Big deal..... This AM I noticed that the GPS location symbol is no longer displayed on the phone. I looked in the Phone Preferences and the option is no longer there! (Phone Pref -> Phone Service -> Position Location)

I did another soft reset & it is still gone!

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Should I have the Phone side re-flashed?
    (Running the 29/44 software)
    No changes to the phone/palm prior to this odd behavior.

Thanks for you help in advance.

TL

Talking Tell me how you did that

For some of us (at least myself), since the GPS feature is not stand-alone, meaning you cannot use it as a handheld GPS, it is not only useless but a potential "big brother" issue.

I do not like any tracking stuff at all. I am fully aware that the cell provider can use triagulation, or most likely can narrow down your position to a particular cell. But any more precise info I find intrusive and undesirable.
    I feel the same way about E911.

Only my opinion. But if I had the option to turn off *all* tracking I would. I would pay extra to write a firmware to disable it.....with a couple other hacks as well. .

So if there is a way you found by accident to turn off tracking (all of it) I all ears.

pzc

Re: Tell me how you did that

Originally posted by gregpilot
    ...So if there is a way you found by accident to turn off tracking (all of it) I all ears.
    Mee too!