+ Reply to Thread

Angry Display contrast changes on close/open clamshell

I recently (6 weeks ago) purchased a 7135 through Bell Mobility.

I started using PhotoSuite a week or so ago, and observed the following:

- after a soft reset, the icons (and any pictures displayed) appear vivid

- as soon as I close/open the clamshell for the first time, icons lose their vivid colours and pictures appear 'washed out' or underexposed

- other than a soft reset, I have not been able to find a way to restore the display quality, I've fiddled with the contrast/brightness controls, but this does not seem to be able to restore the 'post reset' appearance

There was an early 2003 thread that discussed similar issues Does Your Contrast Setting Have It's Own Mind Like Mine?

I was corresponding with Kyocera's helpline on this, after some time they came to the conclusion it was a HW issue, and I've sent the phone in for repair. Unfortunately, the loaner phone I was provided has exactly the same behaviour so I'm betting its either a SW problem, of a deficiancy.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    Is there a fix available? (Kyocera says the latest phone SW is .44 and the latest PDA is .29. I have .38 and .24)
    Any workaround?

Thanks!

The typical fix is to set the contrast a few ticks right of center. Doing this should prevent the bug from surfacing.

This is a known issue with the phone. Try Contrast Fixer. An app developed for the phone.

ST

Here's the file..... It works wonders!
    Attached Files
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....