+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MP3 issues

MP3 card issue

I am having trouble playing my MP3s. I previously posted regarding this issue and thanks to the good advice I've determined that the problem is that the mp3s are not being read off the card correctly. Somehow the mp3s get corrupted and cannot be played (either on the 7135 or my computer if I put the card in a card reader). There is no difference if I use the card reader or the Downloader program with the built in mp3 player. They do work off a smaller card off the cardreader I have but my 7135 plays them too fast and no sound is heard (I see that the seconds on the playback mode run much quicker than it should). I have decreased the kbps to 40 using db poweramp. For some reason neither bebopper or the kyocera mp3 player can play the mp3s. Any help?

I was told that the setting had to be 9kkb or higher, and that solved my problem.
    John H. Boyd

Unhappy MP3 - Help!

I'm still trying to get this phone to play MP3s. First, I bought and installed Bebopper (and gave up trying to uninstall the 7135's MP3 player) and MusicMatch, then I bought a 256MB secure digital card (Viking) and a Lexar Media card reader.

I formatted the SD card, then downloaded a music CD onto my computer (the bit-rate was set at 128 - I checked after reading that in another thread), and clicked and dragged the tracks onto the SD. After inserting the SD card into the 7135 and clicked on Bebopper - and nothing happened. WHAT DID I DO WRONG? My computer shows that the tracks are on the card when I insert it into the card reader...

Are the MP3's in the AUDIO folder on the card?

TL

MP3 - Help!

I'll have to go home and get on my home computer to check. I remember seeing an audio file on the card, but I'll bet the tracks were not in that file. Would that be a problem? If so, would I just drag the files to the audio file?

Dino: The MP3s need to reside in the /AUDIO directory for either player to see them. With Bebopper you can also create subdirectories beneath AUDIO to help with organization if you choose. Also, if you launched Bebopper before moving those files into the AUDIO directory, you'll need to rebuild the default playlist from the menu.

MP3 Help

Thanks. I'll try that.

My MP3 problem is that every time I launch the player, it takes over 60 seconds to create the list!

Is there any way to cut down on this time?
    http://www2.potsdam.edu/prescor/
    signat-url.htm

Okay, I put the tracks into the Audio file of my computer's D drive (the removeable disk drive), and then transferred them to the disk and put the disc in the 7135 - still nothing. Any other ideas?

Did you tell Bebopper to rebuild the default playlist?

Yes, after I re-inserted the disk into the 7135, I did that.

Fully Converged
    Dino, not to ask you a stupid question but, what 3 letter extention do your files have on them? Are the name of the files structured something like 'songnamewhatever.mp3'? They don't happen to end with "wma", do they? Also, what did you use to format your cards? The 7135?
    7135 to 650

MP3 Help

I'll have to wait to go home tonight to check the file extensions on my home computer; what should they be, and how are they changed if they're the wrong extension? I did format the card in the 7135, not in the card reader.

Fully Converged
    If they do not have the mp3 extention, you would need to convert your files from their original format to mp3 format. I use Total Recorder to convert wma files to a usable format.
    7135 to 650

They show as MP3 files in my computer. I've now reformatted the card in the 7135, and tried again to download the tracks onto the card. This time, all of a sudden there is no Audio file on the card to put them into. THIS IS GETTING VERY FRUSTRATING!

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    When you format the card, it erases everything. Are you using a card reader? Or are you trying to download the music to the 7135 using the cradle and the Downloader program?

Do yourself a favor and get a card reader if you don't have one. Then you have to manually create the Audio directory. After that, simply drag and drop the MP3 files into it using Windows Explorer.
    Michael

When you format the card, it erases everything. Are you using a card reader? Or are you trying to download the music to the 7135 using the cradle and the Downloader program?

Do yourself a favor and get a card reader if you don't have one. Then you have to manually create the Audio directory. After that, simply drag and drop the MP3 files into it using Windows Explorer.

Yes, I am using a card reader. The first time I tried this, there was an Audio file on the card; how do I manually create one on the card again?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Originally posted by dino
    Yes, I am using a card reader. The first time I tried this, there was an Audio file on the card; how do I manually create one on the card again?
    Go to the root directory of the card in Windows Explorer, and then simply click on File -> New -> Folder.
    Michael

AVY
    DEAR MR BELL
    is there any way on bebopper to create a sub directory of the sub directory eg sub direc broadway show tunes sub sub directory fidler on the roof and than insert all the songs from fiddler in that directory.
    ps bebopper is a wonderfull application and its a special extra that mr bell the devellopper constantly monitors this site and assists

You can create any sort of directory tree you want under /AUDIO. Using the file manager you can add files from any subdirectory to a playlist. The only gotcha is that when you select Add All from the file manager, Bebopper will add files from the current subdirectory but not automatically traverse the entire tree.