+ Reply to Thread

Can Eudora and Web be removed if not used?

I live on my desktop all day and don't need to pay extra to Verizon for access to email and the web on my Smartphone. Can I use ZLauncher to remove (delete) Eudora and Web without causing other problems with the remaining applications. The intent is to add space to RAM. I also have a 512MB SD card.
    Joe
    Marblehead. MA

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Eudora and Web are in ROM, not RAM. As such, removing them will not give you additional RAM space to use. ZLauncher cannot do what you want. If you still want to remove them from your device, you have to use the latest beta version of JackSprat. In order to use that, you have to buy the current public release version, use your "proof of purchase" and download the beta from the Brayder web site.

After reading the above you don't want to remove them, you can simply "get them out of the way" by putting them into a different launcher catagory. I put everything I don't use in the "Unfiled" catagory because I rarely look at that one anyway.
    Michael

Thanks Michael,
    That just saved me a lot of trouble. I am about to install ZLauncher to see if it fixes some problems and adds functions. I did a soft reset and got a hard reset. Good news is that I have it all backed up on my desktop. I am also having inconsistent sucess with an IR hotsych on my laptop at work because my cradle is at home. I can beam to my laptop but I cannot hotsych from my laptop to the 7135 anymore. It did once. Any thoughts?

Joe
    Joe
    Marblehead. MA

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    It is a known problem that the IR port on the 7135 is VERY slow. For the occasional file transfer directly between handhelds, it's OK. However, in my opinion, it's not worth trying to use it for full hot syncing at all. Do yourself a favor and get a second cradle, or at the very least a "True USB Data Cable", for your secondary machine. Contact user "danscellphones" on this web site for your 7135 accessory needs. He has very good prices. There are also good prices on eBay, but make sure you get only OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) accessories. Aftermarket and third-party stuff may not be as reliable.
    Michael

Thanks again. I have a true USB data cable to try.
    Joe
    Marblehead. MA