+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Give Up!!!!

Thumbs down I Give Up!!!!

Fellow KYO owners,

My phone froze up again yesterday when I needed to make a call during a business lunch. I have had enough. This was my third phone and "three strikes and you are out" in my book.

I took the phone into my VZW store and spoke directly to the manager. He pulled up my the dismal product history on the computer and immediately offered me a TREO600 to replace it.

I have to tell you, its like switching from my old PalmIII to a Tungsten T3, its that much more impressive. The processor screams, and I can actualy load my favorite programs without using Afterburner and X-Master hacks. No more waiting for seconds...blank screen....blank screen.... for data to be loaded from my ULTRA 512 SD Card. The Treo grabs my information in milliseconds (AWESOME!). MP3's play without skipping (Pocket Tunes), and I can multi-task once again without having my songs cut in and out.

This is one time that a bad situation turned out good. I cant complain about VZW today, because they did take care of me without too much argument. The manager actually said "I cant believe that people are still buying these, they cause nothing but problems for us". I was thinking, "I cant believe you are still selling them if they are causing you so much trouble", also, what about the CUSTOMERS!!!

My advice to anyone having problems with the KYO's (as long as you havent had it too long), JUST TAKE IT BACK! I gave this phone the benefit of the doubt for too long and it just caused me endless frustration and hours of tinkering with software settings after each hard reset, and there were many.

Anyway, you guys have been GREAT in this forum. I will be switching to the Treo600 group, and hope to see some of you soon.

Thanks for all the help!!!

MG

back
    I have said this many times in replies to posts, but here it is again. I have had my 7135 for over a year, never a crash, never a freeze up, never a soft or hard reset, never a problem of any kind!
    Palm M515>Kyocera 6035>Kyo 7135>Treo 650>Treo700W>Treo 700P>Palm Centro Verizon

I understand completely and I am happy for you. My message is geared toward the KYO users that have had a nightmare expierience with these phones (and there seem to be plenty of them).

In retrospect, I would probably been happy with the KYO if I hadnt demanded so much from the phone. The 7135 is Inherently slow and it dosent have enough memory to do what I really needed it to do. These devices work well until you start stressing them. Once they are stressed, you become good friends with the reset button.

Why did I buy it? The KYO was the only PALM convergent device available from VZW, and they wouldnt tell me if the TREO was goning to be sold through their stores (I needed the new contract discount). I also had a substantial investment in PALM OS Software from years of PALM loyalty.

My point is, if you are happy with the KYO then, by all means, stick with it. If you are frustrated by its inherent drawbacks then dont put up with it - get it replaced!!

I hope your device continues to serve you well for years to come, or until your "new every two" lets you get a new one.

I have been thinking of making the jump to the Treo...I just cant seem to give up the clam-shell form factor (I am really hard on my phones). That, and I have found many times when I am in analog territory.

But my hands may be tied, as I have started having problems I never had before (ie: loooong delays in key response (and yes, I have the keypad sound off) and possable missed calls) so I'll just have to see what happens in the next month or so.
    Billman
    Colorado

Did I say that, or just think it?

Happy to hear you found a solution.

I have had no such luck. I too have had NUMEROUS problems with my 7135, but verizon has only offered another "refurb". As to a treo 600 they said no can do. Store manager said he does not have the power to make that transaction and data support said 7135 only.

Guess i will be paying the fee and droping 250 per month with verizon,,,but they dont seem to care!

Looks like a nice phone. My 7135 is still going strong but the service required bug seems to be biting more than usual lately.

Keep us posted on how you like the new form factor and text input. Can you write grafitti on the screen or do you need to use the keyboard?