+ Reply to Thread

Question VPN with the 7135

Recently I've been setting up VPNs for a few small businesses. I've done this with a Netgear FVS318 and Netscreen on the remote clients.

I originally thought I could test the connections by connecting to the EN with my 7135 as a USB modem on my notebook. But when I tried this, for some reason I wasn't able to connect using Netscreen. I'd then plug a regular phone line into my computer and try my Earthlink dial-up account and I'd connect just fine.

Is there something about the way the 7135 connects with Verizon that prevents using VPN or what? I've seen people talk about Movian for PalmOS, but it seems to be something you use on the handheld itself - or am I incorrect on that?

P.S. I need to stick with Netscreen as the client.
    >thg.
    I want an MPx with PalmOS supporting EV-DO on Verizon!! Is anybody listening?? :splat: 8)

"An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." - G. K. Chesterton

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Do you have a keyboard for your 7135 with the Keyboard driver installed and activated?? If so, you need to deactivate the keyboard driver. You don't need to uninstall it, simply uncheck the appropriate checkbox within the Keyboard driver application. Then try the connection again.
    Michael

No, I've never had any kind of keyboard with my Kyo. I don't have any hacks or hack managers even installed at the moment either.
    >thg.
    I want an MPx with PalmOS supporting EV-DO on Verizon!! Is anybody listening?? :splat: 8)

"An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." - G. K. Chesterton

I use two VPNs w/my Kyo 1735 on EN:

- Aventail (SSL)
    - AT&T NetClient (IPsec)

-doug

I've used a couple different flavors of Nortel's Contivity with success.

I use the Windows dialer to dial the numbers and establish an Internet connection (Verizon #777) and then fire up Contivity and it's none the wiser how I've connected my laptop.

Perhaps you are dialing through your VPN client?
    In every belief is a lie.