+ Reply to Thread

Thread: locking up

locking up

My phone lockups whenever I try to dial the internet on any application. It start the little screen "service connection progress"

I get the phone initializing logo and then nothing more except a locked up phone that needs to be rebooted. The cancel button does not function.

I am using Verizon's service. No hacks installed and few additional applications (big clock, diddlebug, avantgo).

any ideas?

alcw

btw, 3 months from changing over from 6035 and I am in love with this phone

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    AvantGo causes very strange problems on some 7135's. I would try getting rid of that first. If that doesn't work, then please post what firmware versions you have. You can find that in the "Phone Info" application in the "Software" section using the drop-down in the upper-right corner. Current versions are MZ 1.0.44 and SZ 1.0.29. If your versions are less than that, you need an upgrade (take it to a Verizon store).
    Michael

phone software mz 1.0.44, pda softwae 1.0.29 and prl 10119

Are you using Quick2Net or Express Network? You can find out in the "Prefs PDA" application, "Network" section using the drop-down in the upper-right corner.

My next suspect would be that you have a Saved_Preferences or Unsaved_Preferences corruption problem. When you changed over from the 6035, did you load those files from it? If you did, that would be a problem. Even if you didn't load those from your 6035, you could still have a corruption problem. You should back up your 7135, and then do a hard reset to clear everything. After that restore everything from the backup EXCEPT the Saved_Preferences and Unsaved_Preferences. You'll have to re-enter settings and registration codes for some of your programs. That's a small price to pay if it starts working again. Give the above a try and let us know how it goes.
    Michael

I am not using Quick2Net or Express Network.

I did move over from a 6035.

I think I did what you asked.

I had those two files save and unsaved preferences excluded from my backup history, hard reset, reload and then bang same problem. Did I do this incorrectly? Could I use filez, delete these files, then backup, reset and retry?

2nd thought is I vaguely remember in my 6035 days, that the dialer could become corrupted. I checked the 6035 forum but the search did not go back far enough into the record (i was a beta user of the 6035 device).

thanks
    alcw

You're not using Quick2Net or Express Network? Are you dialing into your own manually configured ISP ?? If so, then there's probably nothing I can do to help you any more. Not sure what the problem would be then. If you were using Q2N or EN, I would say that it's time for you to look into getting your 7135 replaced.
    Michael

I contacted Verizon Wireless technical support this weekend and they agree. A new phone is being shipped out. Now I just need to make sure my old 6035 preferences are not being moved over when I change and causing the problem.

ok new new error message

when I chose eudora web browser

FATAL alert

DataMgr.c line:7386, DMWrite(colon)DmWriteCheck failed

and it locks up needed to be soft reset.

errrrg.

OK. I was getting the fatal alert message when trying Eudora mail and Eudora web. I downloaded the Eudora web suite from Kyocera's web site and I installed it on my computer and I did a hot sync with phone. However, the Eudora is within the ROM of the phone so it didn't look like it installed on the phone after the hot sync.

So I uninstalled it from my PC. The next time I tryed Eudora on the phone it worked! So there must be some small file that it did install on the phone to get it to work.

Seems like a weird workaround (to install and uninstall) but it worked for me.
    Marvin

Also look at the following thread. Probably easier than my solution.

Re: Eudora crashes- no replies so far....
    Marvin