+ Reply to Thread

Display date instead of "Silent Mode"

Does anyone know how to turn of the "Silent Mode" display on the screen and get the date back?

I leave the phone on vibrate most of the time but I want to see the date somewhere when I open it up (or on the top display).

I know if I turn vibrate off, the date appears under the time.

Re: Display date instead of "Silent Mode"

Originally posted by waiting
    Does anyone know how to turn of the "Silent Mode" display on the screen and get the date back?
    Press the volume up key until it turns off Silent Mode then switch from Vibrate Only to Ring Only.
    Rick

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"

I think what he was trying to say was that he wants to see the date while the phone is in "Silent Mode". Is that correct?

Yes.

I don't know of any tricks to change the Verizon display from doing what it wants.

Set the ring mode to vibe then ring. Your phone will vibrate twice before ringing even when it's not in silent mode. You can also set the system sounds to low or off if you prefer.

Re: Display date instead of "Silent Mode"

Originally posted by waiting

I leave the phone on vibrate most of the time but I want to see the date somewhere when I open it up (or on the top display).

I know if I turn vibrate off, the date appears under the time.

Interesting, my phone displays a little bell with a red line through it. The banner, current time & Date are also displayed as they normally do. Same bell on the LCD outer display (near where the Roam indicator is)

For reference my software is version 29/44.

Maybe a software update will fix this issue?

TL

Is the date & time shown when not charging? I only get it when I am charging. Otherwise, it reads "Silent Mode." SW SZ 1.0.29, MZ 1.0.44, PRL 50183, ERI 50020.

Thx, Max

Ok, guess what.

All of my testing was done while in the cradle. If I remove the phone from the cradle, it does display "Silent Mode" over the date & day. Must be by design.

Maybe a program like "Today v2.1" would be a work around? You can configure it to run when you open the flip or map it to the date hard button.

Sorry for the confusion....

TL

I was frustrated by the same problem. Search online for a hack called ClockPop. Can instantly get the current time/date from any app just by holding down one of the buttons for a second...