+ Reply to Thread

A program I'd love to see

Ordinarily, plugged into the cradle, the phone does not make the computer react until you hit hotsynch (either through the app or the button) and when the hot sync is done, it loses acknowledgement of the fact that there is a device there
    (doorbell sounds in and out under winxp)

if you launch the modem program, the computer recognizes the USB device as a modem, and not the cell phone it is.
    continously.

what I'd love, is a program, like the modem program, that makes the SD card a mounted external removable hard drive (just as I now have a multiformat card reader on my computer)

so that I DON'T have to yank the SD card, but I can write directly to it and read from it, ignoring anything about the phone.

this would make it MUCH easier to transfer things to/from work..

Pocket PC's do this, albeit not as a drive, but a device under "my computer" that I can access and drill down to the card storage of, and perform file operations upon.

This already exists. Its called CardExport. It does require that you run it as an app on the phone, so you loose phone/pda functionality while its running,b ut it does the job. Shows the entire SD card as a removable drive. You can copy data, install apps, etc with it.

It is much slower than a real reader though. I was am using it, however I finally got around to buying a dedicated reader yesterday actually.

thank you sir.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I believe Card Export II is available, and it's supposed to be faster.
    Michael

Unless its been updated, CardExport II wont run on the 7135.