+ Reply to Thread

7135 / Bluetooth / Acura TL 2004

Hello everyone,

I have a 7135 and I'm concidering getting an Acura TL which has a handsfree feature in the car for Bluetooth phones.

Is it possible for me the make this work with a Bluetooth SD card installed? I've never had one and I don't know which kind to get.

How much do they cost and which kinds are available?

Does anyone have a 7135 and an Acura TL that can tell me if the features are working for hand free telephone calls in your TL?

Kindly,
    Marshall

bluetooth on the 7135

does not work for the phone side at all, just the palm side.

i.e. no headset/no carset

That sucks!

I guess I'm gonna have to wait for a Smartphone with Bluetooth! I don't wanna switch to a lesser featured phone just because I love my 7135.

When is the next generation of Smarthphones with Bluetooth coming out?

Now there's loyalty! I'm withya
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Kyo to Treo, Con-vergin' MUGlover's Avatar
    Back to the response that stated just the Palm side could use Bluetooth, you might be tempted to sync your Address Book to the Acura. I have noticed while reading about this subject that the Acura does not allow Address/contacts to be uploaded to the car from a Bluetooth phone, certainly not all at once.

Anyway, when a vendor says they support Bluetooth, realize that there are sub-functions (such as headset) that must be supported for the phone to work in a Bluetooth car (I am getting a Prius). Then check whether the car will allow calls to be made while moving (Toyota does not).

Bluetooth phones

MU Glover .... I know the Acura can accept a call while moving. But I think it needs a Bluetooth phone in the car in order to make the call because it's using the cell phone as the phone and the speakers in the car with an internal microphone to communicate. There are several phone listed on its site that work but non of them are Verizon phones that I know of.

So the Prius uses Bluetooth as well ... interesting.

How does it work?

Kyo to Treo, Con-vergin' MUGlover's Avatar
    There is a microphone in the Prius ceiling (near the map light), a speaker down left (part of the stereo system) reserved for sending calls to you, and a navigation screen in the center of the dash that displays a phone keypad. Navigation uses the same speaker to announce upcoming turns.

When a Bluetooth phone is in the car and has been paired with the car, two-way calling is possible and most phones will ring over the car's speaker. SonyEricsson and Nokia phones have successfully worked in the Prius, plus the address book of the phone is loaded into the car (for up to 4 different paired phones!).

Only the one-touch dialing (one-digit speed dial) for your phone can be done from the dash while driving, and the Verizon offering so far is only the v710 from Motorola with some features disabled by Verizon.

It is the navigation system that displays search results you can dial, such as "Show me all Italian restaurants." Then if a Bluetooth phone is in the car, you can select one of the results and it dials. Much of this happens only when the car is not moving.