+ Reply to Thread

Hack for screen brightness?

Is there a hack that will make the screen fully bright when AC power is on, and down to a preset dimness when there is no external power?

Not heard of one....but sounds like a GREAT idea....

TL

Energy Dimmer: www.79bmedia.com/dimmer
    -- Kevin Andrew Lipscomb
    -- http://kal.webhop.net

Unless I missread, Energy Dimmer doesn't do anything with external power, it just allows for graduated automatic dimming.

I'll have to think a bit more about it, but it doesn't really solve what I'm looking for. I want the screen bright and easy to read at home on in the cradle (it sits about 3 feet from me in a well lighted room) and in my car. I don't want to have to touch the screen or anything, I just want to be able to glance at and easily read the screen in those two places.

If there's no AC, then I'm probably holding it in my hand where it's much closer to my face and it's easier to see a dimned screen.

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Energy Dimmer does have an option in it to disable the screen dimming while your device is plugged into the cradle. You access that option setting by going into your hack manager program (HackMaster, X-Master, TealMaster, etc) and tapping the options button for Energy Dimmer in there. On the screen will appear the disable dimming option which is the only one there. Activate it and tap the OK button. Then exit your hack manager program and you should be good to go.
    Michael