+ Reply to Thread
    Aaron T.

Targus Wireless Keyboard

I have been using the Targus wireless Keyboard for some time with my 7135, but I have noticed that it intermittently works, and then doesn't work in the Address and Memo programs. It always works in Quickword. I thought at first that my batteries may have gotten low so I replaced them, but still, I have had no luck figuring out the problem. Anyone have thoughts on this?

T.

No thoughts on your issue but given that you have one I was wondering what you thought of it. I mean beside the intermittend issue you just described. I just picked one up at Circuit City for 39.99, they have them on sale for whatever reason.
    I have noticed I can't have my phone accelerated ( I use FastCPU) at all when I use the keyboard. It generates jibberish on the input, mostly "M"'s
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Other than the weirdness you guys describe, how do you like it? Specifically, how do you like the size of the keyboard and the angle at which it holds the 7135.

Thanks for the input.
    Gloria in excelsis Deo.

Aaron T.
    I have been using the keyboard for about a year, and in a post around the time I bought it, I mentioned that the way the space bar is split, I find that my thumbs often hit the empty space in b/w them. Aside from sometimes being unable to enter text in my address, book from the keyboard, and the fact that the 7135 does not naturally sit on the stand, (I used a little strategically placed velcro to solve this). Overall, I actually like this unit more than the Kyocera one, no wires, and the IR has been very consistent.

Cheers,

T.

Yes I recall your post, nuhippie. It's inability to not fit on the stand almost made me take it back. Geeze it was one listed as one of the PDA device it supports on the box, you would have figured Targus would have made the stand to fit it! (mild rant). But I do like the feel of the keys. and the quasi ability to lock flat as I use it mostly on my lap. I was hoping it had some screen rotation software so I could set the phone sideways, but there are third party apps for that. And I'm amazed at how well the mouse funtion works as well.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Aaron T.
    Hey. . .how did I forget to mention the mouse. . . ? A very nice feature also missing on the Kyocera keyboard.

What screen rotating software are you using?

Have you had the problem with entering text in your addresse/date book? Is it just me? It's been working of late, maybe changing the battery is what did the trick?

Hmmmm. . .