+ Reply to Thread

Question Voice dial file backup

How do I back up the voice dialing files?

Frequently during hard resets and every time I sync with ACT, my voice database gets overwritten or erased. I have tried copying the files Voice Dial (currently 25.5k) and kwc_VoiceTags (currently 2.4k) to my card and then restoring them and I still end up with an empty voice dialing directory.

Please help me find a way to back up these files.

Repectfully,

Andrew

Andrew,

Kyo has admitted that the voice tag files can't just be copied back and forth; I'm unsure why.

Many of the programs that back up your data to an SD card seem to restore the voice tags, at least most of the time, when you do a restore after a hard reset. I'm unsure what ACT is but it could be your problem...

I can vouch for jkWare's CardBackup for restoring the voice tags since their latest upgrade as I recently hard reset the phone with a faulty piece of software and my tags were back in place a few minutes later after restoring.

Good luck!
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    BackupBuddyVFS can also backup and restore the voice tag files to/from an SD card. JBBackup does so as well (I use image backup mode with that program).
    Michael

What is the exact name of the file for these "voice tags?" Is it kwc_VoiceTags as drjeckels mentioned?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Originally posted by Peter
    What is the exact name of the file for these "voice tags?" Is it kwc_VoiceTags as drjeckels mentioned?
    I believe that is correct.
    Michael