+ Reply to Thread

Help - Missing screw from back of 7135

Help!! I am missing the screw from the back of my 7135 near where the stylus is stored. I have been to Alltel, a local cell phone repair shop, Radio shack, and every cell phone related kiosk in the local mall. I have searched the internet. I even tried a watch shop and an eye glasses shop (I was desparate).

The local cell phone repair shop said that they could order virtually every part for the 7135, except the screws (they are quite long).

I tried Kyocera Technical Support, but they won't send me one. They will look into fixing it if I send it in, but since this is the only thing wrong with it, I am reluctant to go through that whole process - especially since they said it wouldn't necessarily be cheap and would take up to 2 weeks.

This screw couldn't possibly cost very much, but it could in the long run cost me my phone - every time I open the flip the back comes apart a little and I have to snap it back into place.

Does any one out there have a dead 7135 that they could sell me a screw from? Or are there any other suggestions as to where/how I could get a new screw?

I have no idea how it came out in the first place, but I sure would like to fix it before anything happens to my "baby". I love this phone - my whole life is stored on it and I don't know how I could get through my days without it.

Thanks for the help!!

I have a dead phone that I bought for parts - be more than happy to send you one of the screws. PM your co-ordinates and I will pop it in the mail.

Thanks so much, gtaudien! I REALLY appreciate the offer of help!

lost screw

Hi;
    I went to my local hardware store. They have trays of different screws. For @ .19 I replaced mine with a phillips one.
    Good luck.