Poll: How do you carry your 7135?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you carry your 7135?

Hi everyone. I am taking an informal survey to see how folks are toting around their 7135 today. Thanks in advance for your input!
    Last edited by 4ster; 09-01-2004 at 03:02 PM.
    Gloria in excelsis Deo.

I carry my 7135 in the OEM holster. It has always disappointed me that no 3rd party holster or stylus manufacturers saw fit to design products specifically for the 7135.
    Dave

missing option- in the holster, backwards

why? so I can hear it ring...

Originally posted by kredai
    missing option- in the holster, backwards

why? so I can hear it ring...
    I've always considered it a good design. When you pull the phone out of the holster, it is positioned correctly to use your other hand to snap open the cover.
    Dave

Other. Holster it came with, with an added piece of velcro around the phone so it won't fall out of the holster an into the East River again.
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)

I agree with kredai that the 7135 should be in with the speaker out that way I could hear it ring. Some time went you are in noises place you don't hear it.,

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    I use the Kyocera leather case. It's belt clip and swivel on the case work well for me.
    Michael

Originally posted by appliancemedic
    I agree with kredai that the 7135 should be in with the speaker out that way I could hear it ring. Some time went you are in noises place you don't hear it.,
    I have my phone configured to vibrate first then ring. I almost never miss an incoming call.
    Dave

Isn't that lovely? Hmmm? curwiler's Avatar
    Originally posted by appliancemedic
    Honestly that's the whole reason I stopped using anything but the Standard ringer type (although the Euro Phone one worked well, too), 'cause I couldn't hear the darn thing if I was in a noisy environment (like, say, my car with some really good CD on! ). Most of the time I'm set on vibrate (which, IMHO is the proper etiquette thing to do), but when I do enable the ringer, I don't miss the calls anymore.
    -Chuck

Most of the time it's in the OEM leather case with the swivel clip. Sometimes that can be a bit bulky, so i'll carry it in my pocket.

I use the nutshell case. I love it, it is sturdy and well constructed. The leather is thick and the clip is very strong. It holds the '35 close to my side. I highly recommend it.
    http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/
    No, I don't work for them, I'm just a satisfied customer.
    ---------
    PB G4 1.33 15" - Mac OS X 10.3 - KYO 7135
    macbert@hcity.net

Just in the purse....I voted for my roommate
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

in my pocket. does that make me weird??

Well, mine fell out of the holster onto asphalt today. Now I have scratches all over my 2 week old phone.
    Gloria in excelsis Deo.

BDP
    When I recieved mine from UPS I programmed it then went straight to my Service provider to check on updates and to get the PRL update code (I forgot it).

I couldnt resist purchasing the $25.00 OEM leather case and belt clip since I already had the phone in my possession for an hour and hadnt dropped it yet

It would be inevitable that if I had not purchased it, I would have left the building and dropped it on concrete

I really like the leather case but I've not ever used anything else. I do not use the belt clip because it seems too risky.

I've tried the hoster, pouch and case. I've stuck with the case because:

With the hoster I've many times managed to snag it on things and the 7135 pops out onto the ground chipping the coating on the phone. It still works good but still really sucks.

The 7135 has the least chance of popping out with the pouch and it fits on my belt pretty snugly. I liked it alot, but I've been using the case for a long time now.

At first, the case feels very awkward on my belt but I've learned to live with it because it protect the 7135 really well when on the belt as well as when in use. When using the 7135 with the case on, the case offer an additional needed grip so I don't have to worry about it slipping out of my hand. I recommend the case.

I use the holster, but as I've posted before it seems to cause wear marks in the corners were it slides in. I had a retractable earbud type headset attached to it for a while which was very convenient but the wires were to exposed and tended to wear out.... so...

Here's my dream case, (go ahead someone steal my idea, if I had the time to patent it I would). A pouch type case that has a cradle type plug in the base that allows connectivity to a retractable earpiece. That way when the phone is slid into the pouch it automaitcally ingages the headset. The earpiece would retract into a pocket that is built into the pouch to protect it and the cable from wear. Hey I can dream can't I!
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

BDP
    Sounds like a good idea for people on the go, I have never pluged in an ear piece so I dont know the excitement

I was afraid of scuffs from that holster so I just bought the case. I just wanted to baby it as much as possible in case it wasnt what I was looking for, turns out I was all worried for nothing (don't tell my phone I had doubts before I got to know it ) I wouldn't give it up - its everything I've ever needed, not too much, not too less.

Carried my Motorola V60 in it's holster for almost 3 years and never had it pop out. I've carried my '35 in the holster since day one and have had no problems what so ever.

Just a tangent - If you're looking for a loud ringer that amuses just about everyone try the Old Telephone ringer - sounds just like the telephone that used to sit on a special stand in the hallway back in the 50's and is quite loud.

Ski

I like the holster also. But, if I am not carefull, sometimes my shirt (un-tucked) gets caught in the holster with the phone. This causes the phone to pop out when my shirt tugs on it! ooops!
    This is the ONLY time my phone has seen the floor at mach 2!

I use the leather pouch at work, just because it protects it a little better. But it is hard to insert it back into the pouch without missing it! It has not happened yet, but almost!

I use to use the leather case, but found that since the nub for the belt clip is on the top side (same side as the alum. front plate) the 7135 swung around and opened the phone......since the phone does not close all the way due to the leather not allowing the phone to close all of the way.....

My .02

TL