+ Reply to Thread

Do I NEED to have the Verizon mobile web...

service for checking e-mail and using the internet browser? I thought I heard before that it works without their service, but they will tell you that it is necessary.

If all I have is a regular Verizon calling plan, how can I get my phone to access e-mail and the web? I had this working great on my 6035, but on my 7135 when I try and log in to Thin Air, it says "Incoming mail server, imap.cs.com, is not responding. Connection closed."

No, you do not need nor want the mobile web if you have a 7135.

Nice link...
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Does Eudora mail not support IMAP accounts? I use Compuserve 2000, which is IMAP, but Eudora seems to want POP3.

Verizon

You are way off on a tangent.

On your 7135 go to all>pdaprefs>network. Set your service to VZW Quick 2 Net. User name = qnc Password = qnc Connection = wireless modem Phone = #777

This will get you connected to the internet.

After that you will need to set up eudora or whatever email program you are using to get to your email. These older mail programs often times do not support IMAP so if you are trying to get to that type of server it wont work.

To test your connection to the internet just point your browser to Yahoo or something like that to see if it is working correctly.

Also please bear in mind that the time you spend on the internet through qnc is using your minutes.

IMAP mail

If you want to get IMAP mail you will probably need to use snappermail. You can probably buy it at snapperfish.com