+ Reply to Thread
    Swollen Member

Looking for a Ringer Option Hack

Hey all,

I'm looking for a feature for my 7135 and wondering if anyone knows how to do this, or, if there is a hack available.

I have built a "poor man's car kit" using the Coolcat adapter and a spare mic, and listen/talk to callers over my car stereo. It plays on a spare input my car has for a multi-CD player in my VW Jetta. I also listen to my MP3 collection.

There are times however, that I wish to listen to the radio (to get the traffic and news reports while driving). If I leave the Coolcat adapter plugged into the 7135, I miss calls because alerts are played through the headset jack and I can't hear them.

So here's the question, does anyone know of a way to setup the phone so that when the headset jack is plugged in, incoming call alerts will be played through the headset, and through the regular phone ringer simultaneously?

I'd be eternally grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

phone prefs-accessories-

check the box
    "play alert through speaker when headset is plugged in"

Swollen Member

Doesn't quite do what I wanted.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. While choosing to play alerts through the speaker works, it only plays my chosen ring tone. What I was hoping for was that the phone would ring through the external speaker, AND have the "Incoming Call, Answer?" alert played via the headset simultaneously so I can answer a call using the voice answer feature. Anyone know of a hack to make that possible?