+ Reply to Thread

Why won't my ebook reader see the card?

I have 3 ebook readers and none will read what's on the card. Any ideas?

get eReader (Free, and it reads cards). Make sure all ebooks are in a root level directory on the card called 'Books'.http://www.palmdigitalmedia.com/
    Last edited by Rstyle; 09-08-2004 at 09:26 AM.

thanks I'll try it out!

made a mistake! Actually its should be \Palm\Books (both may work, try it and see).

Also, I found a new e-book reader you may want to try. It's called TiBr (Tiny Book Reader), is free, and can handle VFS (you can even define what directory to look for docs in). Best of all, it takes up a fraction of the room of eReader and many others (only 67KB) and has pretty much all the same features!

http://indevsoftware.com/products/tibr/tibr

In the last couple of days I tried TiBR and cspotrun (does not recognize SD) and could not get either one to recognize .pdb files.

As I recall, TiBr looks for books in the /palm/launcher/ directory by default.

Ski

TiBr looks wherever you tell it to in its preferences, which is very nice not to have to put things where IT wants.

Originally posted by skibumtx
    In the last couple of days I tried TiBR and cspotrun (does not recognize SD) and could not get either one to recognize .pdb files.

As I recall, TiBr looks for books in the /palm/launcher/ directory by default.

Ski
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

TiBr will only see 1 .pdb file out of 4 that I have in the launcher directory.

Anyone know what's wrong ?

I have had no problems with TiBr. It only reads plam docs... could your ebooks be in other formats (palmreader, iSilo, etc..)

rlwitt,

I believe that the Default directory is /palm/launcher/ . But I do recall that it can be changed by the user.

emorgana,

I'll be watching to see if you get it working. I can't seem to get TiBR to recognize ANY .pdb files (but I've only tried 2)

Rstyle,
    The files I'm transferring are .pdb format - is that correct?

Ski

Try MSMount

I use the free version of HandStory, which doesn't recognize data cards per se, but I'm also using MSMount which allows data cards to be recognized by all applications.

MSMount