+ Reply to Thread

hotsync no workie

Dang it all. Ever since installing SP2 I've been having issues hotsyncing my 7135. I could get it to work by rebooting the pc and now today I can't get it to hotsync even with a fresh reboot. It times out on the kyo with no response from the pc at all. Just started happening when I installed SP2 about a week ago. Any suggestions on where to start looking first?

Windows XP Pro setup that is pretty clean, regularly run Ad Aware etc. Haven't changed anything else recently.

Do you have any Palm isntalled apps that access the internet during the Hotsync?

TL

Yeah, I use Avantgo which has never caused me any problems. I just rebooted and got it to sync again. It runs through Eudora, then Avantgo (maybe Docs to Go in between there but it's quick), then I get a Windows error window saying an error has occured and needs to shut down. On the Kyo at that time, it hangs on Synchronizing To Do List. Avantgo shouldn't be the problem since it actually goes through fine, updates on the Kyo, etc. It's something else and I don't know what. I'll load up palmdesktop on my laptop which doesn't have SP2 yet and see if it works. Seriously never a problem on my main PC until SP2. This is strange. I'm thinking some kind of permission thing got changed or something but I don't know where to look.

BDP
    I would just check my port settings first if your using a com port. Make sure the bit-rate is adequate and the right flow control set. Then check the sync software and make sure the settings on the phone under "sync" are set to the corresponding settings.

I would post more detailed stuff, but short for time - off to work.
    If you can't find or get those working, I can give more detailed info.

I sync mine on my Itronix 6250 Notebook with my port settings at 265,000mbps and the phone on 115,000 something - it takes about 30 minutes to sync. And I can't get my modem to dial up at all while on Com port. Funny though, when I replace the hard drive with my Windows 95, everything works great. It must just be a hardware conflict with windows 98 SE.

Good luck

It's not SP2

I have not had any problems since installing SP2. I would think it is just com or port settings....same deal as when you installed your hotsynch program originally. Play around with it....it'll work.

I have XP Pro SP2 with Palm Desktop version 4.1 - No issues after SP2 install.

What does the hotsync on the PC say when it locks up?
    It appears that it is having trouble with Avantgo web look-up. Do you have the Windows firewall turned on? Maybe you need to create an exception for Avantgo to by-pass the firewall......

If you disable Avantgo hotsync, does it sync OK?

TL

i had that problem with sp2, my brother had it on his pc and it worked fine.... its weird