+ Reply to Thread
    Knowledge is Sharing

Scheduled dates moving "by themselves"

Customer has a 7135 and meetings scheduled at 12 noon. After a hot-synch, the repeated dates are "gone" and some noon meetings have been moved to 6pm.

Background:
    Original device was a Tungsten III. With some pain, he migrated to the 7135. Most problems with the move have been solved, but I've not heard of meetings being moved to another time slot. Any insight would be appreciated.

dr
    When the geeks need help, they go to the dr. When the dr needs help, he goes to pdaphonehome :-)
    out of the wireless business; but I do consulting and security as a CISSP; www.wiremore.biz shares my values and has a good business link as well.

Might help???

Have you tried:

Create a backup - Copy the user sync name (Example - John Doe =JohnD folder) in the Palm directory to a safe location, just in case you might need it later.

Creating a "temp" user on the plam desktop
    Delete the "John Doe" user's data (Edit users, upper right)
    Hot sync again & answer yes to add user to desktop
    Delete Temp user

Might help clean up your sync

If that does not work, looks like your Saved Pref & Unsaved prefs are courupt. If you delete those, it will remove all custom settings & software licenses......so it does create a lot of extra work!

TMMV

TL

fwiw, i had all sorts of "time jumping" happen when i changed time zones once while travelling. i think my pc was X and my phone was Y and it created a big mess.

now when i travel, i just do the math when i need to know what time it is

doody.

Knowledge is Sharing
    Thank you. We tried the temporary user name; as well as deleting the preferences. It didn't make any difference at all.

The only obvious problem I see is that he came from a higher version operating system, when he moved "back/down" to a 7135.

Sadly, I could not make this work for my friend, so he went back to carrying two devices; his Palm, and his V60. But we did try. Thanks for the input all.
    When the geeks need help, they go to the dr. When the dr needs help, he goes to pdaphonehome :-)
    out of the wireless business; but I do consulting and security as a CISSP; www.wiremore.biz shares my values and has a good business link as well.

I too had a problem with dates moving and found the error in how the Time Zone was set. It seems if you have checked automatic in the time set that the phone takes matters into its own hands. Go to set time manually and see what happens.

Purged, Merged, and Converged
    The PC and the 7135 have to be configured for the same time zone, otherwise they'll do the math and move everything around. In "Date & Time" preferences, make sure that the time zone matches the time zone in which you are travelling; do the same on your PC.

One drawback you have to be aware of is that Outlook considers the time zone when scheduling an appointment. I'm in Toronto (GMT -0400). If I have a lunch meeting in Vancouver (GMT -0700), I can't enter it in Outlook as 12pm; I have to enter it as 3pm. That way, when I get to Vancouver and change the PC's time zone, the appointment shows up at the right time.

Also, when switching time zones, I find that I have to set the PocketMirror setting to "PC overwrites handheld on next sync" for the Calendar.