+ Reply to Thread

Covert PDB to Word

Has anyone found a decent program that will convert PDB to DOC. I am not looking to convert DOC to PDB but the other way around. I have searched the internet but to no avail. I will be happy even with a PC based PDB reader.
    esmass:p

Mac OS X user
    Do you mean convert PDB Doc? "PDB" is the generic term for a Palm DataBase. All data in your Palm is a PDB whether it's text or a document or binary data. PDB has nothing specifically to do with a document containing text.

The "Doc" format is a "format in a format," i.e., a particular file format for text that is encapsulated by a PDB. This Doc format has nothing to do with Microsoft Word's "DOC" format.

The text in a Doc PDB can easily be converted to plain text. There is no reason to convert it to a Microsoft Word DOC file since it's just plain text, i.e., there's no formatting information like bold, italics, etc., that would require a full-blown word processor like Microsoft Word. Hence, your request doesn't make much sense. (Of course Microsoft Word can open plain text files just fine, but that doesn't make them DOC files.)

So, if you want to convert a PDB Doc file to plain text (the only conversion that makes sense relative to what you're asking), then you can use my own txt2pdbdoc (if you use a Unix-type system).
    - Paul

Unix system? I don't think so. I use a microsoft operating system. Windows 2000. If you have any other suggestions, it would be appreciiated.

Which PDB do you want to convert to word?

Actually is isilo reader file. I think that I found a way to get the file. I downloaded the windows reader and I have been able to get into the file.

is there any software that converts doc. to pdb ?