+ Reply to Thread

Lost Install Disks for 7135

I moved recently and seem to have lost/misplaced all the disks that came with the 7135.

I recently had to 'hard-reset' my phone and it wiped out everything and now I need to get it back from my computer. (Unfortunately since the last time I hotsynced, I've changed my system software and it seems to have zaped my install of the software that came with the phone.)

Is the software that came with the phone generic or custom for the 7135?

Another words, could I just download the appropriate pieces from Palm and Apple or was there something Kyocera 7135 specific on the disks that I'll need.

If I can go 'generic' what pieces will I need to download to get HotSync back and running. the palmOne site list a whole bunch of different models but no mention of Kyocera 7135. Which one is the closest compatible?

Please help, getting desperate. (You don't realize how important something is until it goes missing...)

Phil

Re: Lost Install Disks for 7135

Originally posted by filmo
    I moved recently and seem to have lost/misplaced all the disks that came with the 7135.

I recently had to 'hard-reset' my phone and it wiped out everything and now I need to get it back from my computer. (Unfortunately since the last time I hotsynced, I've changed my system software and it seems to have zaped my install of the software that came with the phone.)

Is the software that came with the phone generic or custom for the 7135?

Another words, could I just download the appropriate pieces from Palm and Apple or was there something Kyocera 7135 specific on the disks that I'll need.

If I can go 'generic' what pieces will I need to download to get HotSync back and running. the palmOne site list a whole bunch of different models but no mention of Kyocera 7135. Which one is the closest compatible?

Please help, getting desperate. (You don't realize how important something is until it goes missing...)

Phil
    You can just download the Sync software for generic Palm OS and that will do the trick for you. here's the link for you...
    Palm Software
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

the link doesn't work....

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Originally posted by emorgana
    the link doesn't work....
    Because it has two "http://" entries in it. Try this one .....

http://www.palmone.com/us/software/desktop
    Michael

Thanks.

I managed to download the stuff and all is well in the world...

which version is for generic palm OS ?

I'm pretty sure this was covered when the phone first came out, but what is the difference between the Kyocera supplied Palm desktop and the stock one?

I know that the Kyocera disk had extra apps on it (which I don't use). Any reason not to keep upgrading the palm desktop and hotsync manager with the latest from Palm?

(some how I vaguely remember there was some difference?)

-Quick

Kyocera's voice dial on install disk?

Is it possible to use the Kyocera's voice dial software on another palmos4.1 mobile (more specifically the tungsten w).

If so is the on the original kyocera 7135 disks and how do I get it?

If not is it possible to upload the module from a kyocera 7135 to install on the tungsten w?

Re: Kyocera's voice dial on install disk?

Originally posted by repairit
    Is it possible to use the Kyocera's voice dial software on another palmos4.1 mobile (more specifically the tungsten w).

If so is the on the original kyocera 7135 disks and how do I get it?

If not is it possible to upload the module from a kyocera 7135 to install on the tungsten w?
    Maybe? (Most likely No).
    No.
    and No.

It is in the ROM image that comes with the phone. What is on the disk is primarily the desktop software and some apps that can be loaded into RAM on the phone.

Just as an aside, I would not expect the code to work at all on a tungsten w. The great majority of this code would be very device specific dealing with input/output audio and dialer api.

-Quick

oh, okay

Sounds as though I jumped the gun. I thought it was a fairly straight forward but obviously not.

btw. are you sure of this and would it hurt to give it a try.

Re: oh, okay

Originally posted by repairit
    Sounds as though I jumped the gun. I thought it was a fairly straight forward but obviously not.

btw. are you sure of this and would it hurt to give it a try.
    Well... the point is that you will not be able to get extract the object code as a prc. It won't hurt to try but you won't be able to get it.

-Quick

you can dload the plam desktop from the kyocera website... or get the pal 4.1.2 from palmone.com

you just have to have the cd for outlook