+ Reply to Thread

does this happen to you??

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have a 7135 from Verizon.

The phone works great but I lose all my preferences and all the phonebook contacts any time the phone runs out of battery. Is there a way to prevent this???

My old Palm V would store the data in the flash memory for about 15 days even it was completely out of juice.

Please help! Thank you.

This is a very annoying issue

Try recharging your phone daily and look into getting a spare battery. I've had my phone for two years now and have never had this problem. Check to see if you are running programs that really drain the battery, including the brightness of the screen.

Good luck.
    rr
    rr

The internal battery on the 7135 lasts about 10 nanoseconds. As stated above, do what you can to avoid a dead battery. Also check this forum for the safest way to swap batteries without a reset
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Sorry about the misscommunication. I'm not sure of the internal battery scource for the 7135, but my phone gives me about 15 seconds to change out the battery without losing all the preferences. I think this is normal for the phone. If you are unable to switch out in time, then you only have a few options: (1) work with Kyocera and see if they can fix the problem, (2) regularly charge the phone to avoid the problem, (3) get a good backup program and memory card to save everything on - I use BackupBuddyVFS.

Best of luck.
    rr
    rr

Just a thought......

I've never had a problem changing out the batteries and losing data.

But you know, the battery charging indicator continues to run for as much as an hour after the battery level indicator shows a full 4.23 volts.

I almost always let the phone charge until the charging indicator stops.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy

Swapping Batteries

Just plug in the AC or Car Adapter before swapping batteries. This will keep the RAM working. Also get BackupBuddy VFS and an SD card and backup regularly so you can restore if you lose yor files.

Thanks for all the helpful replies. My problem was that I was forgetting to plug the phone into the charger overnight resulting in a drained battery. I would lose all data when I would plug the phone back in.

Looking at the replies it seems that this is normal for the phone. Although this never happened to me in my Plam V. It would store data internally for about 15 days on a drained battery.

I will look into bachupbuddy. Where can I find it???

Handango.com has most programs. Or you can try google.com to search for toher sources.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

www/bluenomad.com
    rr

Just a plug for JKWare's card backup. I've been using it for a year now and have lost no data. Since the most recent update, it is restoring my voice tags after dreaded hard resets (all my fault as I love to tinker...).

www.jkware.com
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

There is a thread detailing battery charging about 6 mos ago... It will be easier for me to summerize the discussion than hunt down the thread, but you can search it out if you want. As I recall the word from Kyocera is that the internal battery will only be recharged only when the phone is plugged into a cradle and only after the removable battery is fully charged. The manual gives some unbelievable specs (like 8 hrs or somehting) on how long the phone will retain information if the removable battery is dead, but nobody seems to match it.
    And, Yes, In any case, get a backup software, yes yes yes. Pick a brand, anybrand. you won't be sorry.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.