+ Reply to Thread
    Treo 650 (Kyocera 7135 'till 1/06)

Unhappy webpro 1.1 (V) doesn't work anymore

for reasons I cannot explain, my webpro 1.1 (also called webpro V) no longer works. The program runs, and old cache loads, but I cannot connect to any site. The EIS browser will connect, but not webpro. Is there something wrong with the host: webpro.palm.com?
    As a note, my phone needed a hard reset yesterday, and I restored using backup buddy. I have done this at least a dozen times, and never encountered this problem before. Could this be related somehow?
    While I am on the subject of backup buddy, when I restore, all of my voice dial information is lost with each restore. Anyway to fix that?
    Thanks!!
    Bill C.

Unsure why you're having problems... I just loaded google with Web Pro V and it worked fine. You may want to restore again from your back up. I've actually had to restore twice a while back before everything worked. I use Card Backup by JKWare. You also may want to go to a different web site instead of your home page. Tell it not to connect when you load the program and then load one of your favorites instead.

The voice tag issue has been discussed a few times. KYO states that the tags are not stored in just one file but also in some odd data state that sometimes doesn't get restored. The last version of Card Backup would restore the voice tags about every other time I restored but the new version brings them back every time.

Good luck!
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

Thanks Osteo.
    I did try to restore twice. I also tried every web site that I had bookmarked (well, almost!) It says 'requesting' but times out after a minute or so. I really can't figure out what is wrong.
    (is your host: webpro.palm.com?)
    Bill C.
    p.s. are you an orthopod?

Yes, my host is webpro.palm.com (I just checked). Hmmm... Something must be corrupted. I'd try to reinstall the program I guess and see what happens.

No, I'm not an orthopod but an osteopath. Good guess though!
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

Originally posted by Osteo
    Yes, my host is webpro.palm.com (I just checked). Hmmm...
    Did you check menu->options->network ?
    Does it match EIS?
    Does the phone connect?

-Quick

yeah, the phone connects to the network. EIS works fine. I actually came up with a fix. I periodically (oh, once a month or so) save my sd card onto my desktop computer. I copied the last saved sd card back and restored from it. Naturally, I lost new things since then, but that wasn't too bad. Well, it worked!
    I guess something must have gotten corrupted and my most recent backup was also corrupted. I automatically backup at 0400 each day. My phone needed a hard reset the day prior, and I guess I must not have checked to see if webpro was working. So whatever backup files I made at 0400 were also corrupted.
    I guess it pays to periodically back up the sd card!
    Thanks for all of your help
    Bill C.

It's not that Web Pro doesn't work but it couldm't connect to the default home page

I had the same problem with Web Pro the last few days I think the Palmone website was down and web pro tries to connect there -- you could have gone to other sites if you had tried

Also as far as voice dial info .. i have had to do hard resets a few times and after i restored everything my voice dial seeting were intact

I don't understand when people say that the phone wont retain these settings
    There are no strangers; only friends we haven't met.

Thats iinteresting. What other sites could be used?
    Bill

The PalmOne site is running ok again. As far as other sites .. if you just want it to open at a site then any of your favorites can be used

If you are looking for a portal then you will have to do a a search for a PDA web portal or use the yahoo or msn mobile sites
    There are no strangers; only friends we haven't met.

I must have misunderstood you. I did not use webpro.palm.com as a home page. In the preferences for webpro it asks for a host (not the home page). the above site is the default host. I wasn't sure if webpro needed to access the web via this site or not. As I mentioned before, I tried most, if not all, of my bookmarks, and none of them would load. I really think that something got corrupted with the backupbuddy restore, and I didn't discover it until after my next backup, therby preventing an uncorrupted restore. Just the good fortune that I had a fairly recent copy of my sd card allowed me to restore functionality.
    Bill C.

anyone know where I can get webpro V1.1?

Good place for Bill Gates SilvrDrgn's Avatar
    Originally posted by emorgana
    anyone know where I can get webpro V1.1?
    Use Google. Enter "webprov 1.1 download" without the quotes into the search box.
    Michael