+ Reply to Thread

Freezed on Palm Powered

Greetings all,

My 7135 is frozen on Palm Powered. I did searches on locking up, freeze, etc. And have done multiple soft resets, hard resets and crash resets. But no luck.

I have had the phone for 1 year and about 2 months, and over that time only had a few soft resets and one or two hard resets.

The problem was caused when I switched the "To Do" button to the program Progect. I have used Progect on the 7135 for a long time with out any problems (well, maybe some resets, can't really remember). As I use it for my to do, I thought I would switch the buttons. I did it and tested it a couple of times with no problem, then I left one of the files open in Progect and hit the "To Do" button and crash.

Any other suggestions??

Thanks in advance, John

Administrator
    i doubt you hosed up the phone so bad that a hard reset would not fix it...

have you tried a WARM reset also?

if you did try the cold reset, list here what steps you did to make it work. i dont think you fully executed the cold boot....

How I did the resets

By cold reset, I assume thats the same as the crash reset.
    1) Have unplugged, take out the battery.
    2) Hold in the reset button in the back for 1 to 2 minutes (I did both)
    3) Plug the phone/put in cradle (did both, with just the power cord & with power and cradle.
    4) Replace the battery.
    5) Do a hard reset -- Put reset button while holding light button, let go reset, continue to hold light button till Palm Powered shows. Push the up button to confirm delete all data.

I also did the above without replacing the battery.

Let me know if I forgot anything. Also with the above, had the battery out for a while, and then no so long before trying.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, John

Administrator
    does the digitzer screen come up after the reset?

if so, it sounds like you are doing it properly and a trip to your local carrier is in order....

Hooray!!

To answer the above first, no the digitizer didn't come on. It was stuck at "Palm Powered"

Success!! I brought it to the local Verizon store & they re-flashed the original phone stuff back in (or whatever they call it). I received the phone and had to do the digitizer. Of course, all my stuff was gone. Got home, made sure the battery had a full charge & then Hotsynced it. At the end of the Hotsync, it said I had to do a reset AAAAAAHHH!!!! (I thought, but I had no choice). Did it and no problem. Everything is back to normal except Graffetii 2. Guess I'll have to learn it.

Again as I mentioned in the first note, this happened when I switched the "To Do" (actually its the e-mail button, but I'm still using it as "To Do") to Progect. I really like Progect for my to do list, but I'm not sure I'll reload it at this time. I actually deleted it off my 7135 for now but left it on laptop.

Thanks, John

If you dislike Graffetii 2, try Teal Script. Its a program that brings back Graffetii 1!

http://www.tealpoint.com/softscrp.htm

Works great!

I would also suggest downloading the "Legacy Profile" toward the end of the page.

TL

Administrator
    yeah if you hotysnc you wil just load up your old info back to the phone and would have been at square one.

if you have to reload from a hard reset you wil most likely have to reset anyway (standard practice when you reload your memory), thats OK.

yeah if you could have stopped the program from starting when the phone boots that would have saved you. its still odd that a program can muck up the boot up so bad that the only way was a reflash.. but hey whatever works!

glad you are back in the saddle again!