+ Reply to Thread

Opinions: Overall, Kyo/Verizon software upgrades good?

Having just read yet another discussion on the loss of Graffiti-I when doing the Kyo/Verizon software upgrades, and with my own phone "stuck" (by choice) at MZ-1.0.36 and SZ-1.0.23, I'm wondering what the group as a whole feels about moving to the latest-and-greatest versions. Are the improvements included in the upgrades "worth" the loss of G-1 and moving to TealScript or learning G-2?

- Mike

I'd say the upgrade is worth the loss thanks to greater stability and a few bug fixes -- odd backlight behavior the most obvioius to me.

In fact, the only Graffiti 2 issue for me rests in using two-stroke characters for menu shortcuts and writing any text requiring an l followed by a space, such as "will " which ends up as "wilt" instead.
    Last edited by PalmNut; 09-17-2004 at 12:42 PM.

Originally posted by PalmNut
    I'd say the upgrade is worth the loss thanks to greater stability and a few bug fixes -- odd backlight behavior the most obvioius to me.

In fact, the only Graffiti 2 issue for me rests in using two-stroke characters for menu shortcuts and writing and text requiring an l followed by a space, such as "will " which ends up as "wilt" instead.
    Thanks Jonathan! BTW, do the upgrades affect Bebopper in any way?

Also, should I perform any special backups/procedures other than the normal hotsync and SD card backups before I have Verizon update the phone software?

Thanks All,

- Mike
    Last edited by Mikeles; 09-17-2004 at 12:35 PM.

Originally posted by Mikeles
    Thanks Jonathan! BTW, do the upgrades affect Bebopper in any way?
    No. While it's been several months since Verizon upgraded my phone without issue, I don't believe you'll have a problem.

Also, should I perform any special backups/procedures other than the normal hotsync and SD card backups before I have Verizon update the phone software?
    Just ensure you have a backup. The update process will completely erase your data, and probably voice tags if I remember correctly. A standard full SD card backup is probably the easiest way of handling the firmware update.

So, anyone else have any opinions/suggestions to offer before I upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

- Mike