+ Reply to Thread

Pager Question...

On my 7135, I have service with Verizon. My job just gave me a new pager, that is also with Verizon. Is it possible to tie the two, well at least the pager into the phone, so if I get paged the phone will also act as a pager?

Since both my phone and my pager both have Verizon service, is this possible? Thanks!

Good luck. I too have a Verizon Messaging (pager) and Verizon Wireless (cell). From my inquiries there is no way to have VZM forward a page to VZW. There is not even a service that will forward an SMS (to your phone) as to other paging services. If you find a solution plz do post. In the meantime I've resigned myself to carrying two devices, as my pager is more reliable in the outlying areas and more of my clients know me by my pager number. sigh.
    mg
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

The only way I have found to make this possible is this.

This will not work with NUMERIC Paging. I have a text pager and verizon has a web site called www.wirelessweb.com This makes it possible to forward (copy) another email address when a text page is sent to your pager. This may not work for everyone, but it can't hurt to try.

Good luck.

Drew
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)

I've not tried this but found it while browsing. Seems like it will forward a page to SMS but costs about $20 per year.

http://www.numericpage.com/
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

Thanks everyone, you wuld think with today's technology, it would be easier to tie the two together, especially with the same (Verizon) company.

I suppose I will just lug the phone and pager together, which is a pain, as the pager is damn near as big as the phone. It's one of those where you get news, weather, sports and all of that other crap, as well as text message. And of course since the company bought the damn thing, I can't just leave it at home.